What would you do?

…and bullshit walks? What does that even mean?

I’d 100% keep it

3 Likes

Wow!!! I’m wavering :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Wouldn’t touch it for the world.

Edit: wouldn’t be running to tell cops about it either. But I’d tell my wife the amusing anecdote about my day where I saw a super suss Coles bag full of cash in the park on the way home.

If you had asked me that question 35 odd years ago, I would have answered I’d keep it.
And; I know someone who had an experience something like that, and they had a terrible accident.

Now, I would take it to the Police Station, no ifs, no buts no maybe’s.
My answer is NO I WOULD NOT KEEP IT, I’D HAND IT INTO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION.

1 Like

Keep it.

1 Like

I’m such an idiot. I’m thinking to myself, ‘fly like an eagle?’ ‘Big ol’ jet airliner?’

1 Like

It means unless you are planning to hide the money in your basement for 12 months or spend it $50 at a time, you usually tell someone about it, or people note unusual spending and therefore the fact you have found money gets out. Hence the term “money talks”.

1 Like

The saying is “money talks bullsh11t walks”.

Never seen Spinal Tap?

Tell me…

2 Likes

That show looks good, Wim, This question is a universal phenomenon, everybody wonders about it.

It’s one of those films you only want to see once.

A number of years ago I worked at the airport (when I was at uni), during my lunch break, I found an envelope with around $800 in the international arrivals terminal.

Handed it in to lost property.

6 months or so later I got a phone call, no one had called or claimed the money, so they gave it to me :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The police station option gives you the best of both worlds.

If it belongs to someone legitimately, you know it got back to the right person. Win. (Unless you’re an evil prick, no judgement)

If it was dodgy money, it won’t be claimed and you get to keep it after 3 months. Win.

2 Likes

‘This is Spinal Tap‘ is one of the great films if you are a bit more juvenile than you should be. Fran Drescher played a character called bobby fleckman or something and said the line.

If you haven’t seen it - you must. If I get lost finding a dunny in an unfamiliar house or office or whatever I still raise a fist and say (quietly lest I be locked up) “hello Cleveland!”

2 Likes

About 25 years ago someone handed in my wallet to the police.
I got the phone call from them, they said ‘It has (something like) seventy dollars in it.’

Yeaaaaah, that’s mine.

Neither the person who found it or the police found the fifteen hundred I had stashed in there ‘for emergencies.’
I stopped doing that after that.

2 Likes

Well done!

Wow :astonished: