Whatever the fark round it is non Essington games

Hate Collingwood and hate saying this but how they play is impressive. Run hard early, make the opposition run hard and then the game opens right up due to fatigue. Also there forwards actually lead and convert.

2 Likes

This is a fair belting now.

It’s laughable about where Melbourne have come from, only a few years ago.

Yet We’re still in exactly the same spot. Not going up, not going down.

I’m pretty sure someone on here was comparing them to our 2000 side. :slightly_smiling_face:

‘Hame’ loves saying “and change”
Shi.ts me.
“6 minutes and change left”

1 Like

Yep - we wouldn’t have the personnel to play pies’ gameplan. Having said that, I honestly don’t know if it’s talent or workrate of our players.

ffs, … every

fkn

thread!!

1 Like

Talent. Collingwood have a super running brigade through all lines.

Anything under a $100 is change for his family.

1 Like

Changes need to happen in the offseason from coaching staff all the way to the boot studder

1 Like

Their work on the inside at centre clearances today has been immense.

1 Like

Lol true. W@nker.

Cmon mate - don’t you look at this game and become just a little bit envious, wishing our team could play like this?

Both Richmond and Collingwood are examples of clubs saying that the issue wasn’t the head coach. Instead of taking what was considered the easy option of sacking them, the clubs instead attempted to identify where the problem lay and addressed that instead. Tigers replaced their whole assistant structure, Pies other areas, both of them are seeing a change in how the team plays.

1 Like

More than 2/3 of the team are mids but if your team is fit you can play like that.

They can, just not consistently yet. Pies looked terrible last year. It is quite possible that this time next year we will be saying the same thing about our side.

So just get mids for every position on the ground? Is that where the game is heading?

Melbourne are off the pace. They lack the class. They’ll get found out by veteran finalist sides, like Sydney, Geelong, West Coast & Richmond.

Credit to them for where they have gotten, but today shows that they are a class below the top 6 clubs. It’s only halfway through the season, plenty to play out.

Same thing was said of Richmond last year.

1 Like

I think they lack outside runners to beat the better teams. Collingwood wouldn’t allow them to get it out of the contest whereas pies were able to do it easily.