When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

Yep - it’s the Olympics thread.

There’s been some big issues in the lead-up so far.

Stadium construction issues have seen numerous deaths and injuries.
The Zika virus is a real issue for most of the athletes heading over.
Then we have Russia and Kenya and the doping problems both countries are facing with their respective track and field athletes.

It seems like Jared Tallent will get a retrospective gold medal as a result of Russia’s doping issues.

Our swimmers are in top form, certainly on the female side with the Campbell sisters and Seebohm.

Thought this was going to be about Mel McLaughlin…

Thought this was going to be about Mel McLaughlin...

I thought Mink had a drastic change of plans

Is that meant to be a clever title?

I thought it was

OLYMPICS
DRUGS
BOGAN
UNAUSTRALIAN
ACT LIKE A CU
FLAG IS A CAPE
PRIDE IN LITTLE PIECES OF METAL

I don’t know about awarding retrospective medals when athetes are disqualified for doping violations - With the increase in detecting banned drugs year after the event you may end up with no clean athletes to take a medal - For example, the Women’s 1500 from the 2012 Olympic Games has now awarded medals down to the 6th place getter - Once a medallist is disqualified have no winner or 2nd or third like they do in cycling.

Olympics in Rio, song is about going to Rio.

???

Olympics in Rio, song is about going to Rio.

???

Yes. I noticed.

RIP all the athletes going

“Worst lead up the olympics ever, worst thing ever blah blah blah”

Olympics happen

“Who cares about the olympics?”

How many Zika Olympic athletes get?

Our daughter just came back from six weeks in South America. whilst in Rio she became sick and ended up going to a public hospital for assistance. The Dr there told her that she had Zika virus. When she questioned this and asked for a blood test he stated he had already diagnosed another 70 people that day and he knew what he was doing and didn’t need to get a blood test. Yeah, right!

Anyway we get involved and working through her travel insurance we get her to a travellers hospital and get a blood test. Came back negative for Zika and turned out to be an allergic reaction to something else, thankfully.

Lesson being don’t just believe what the Dr says, ask questions and demand tests.

Looking forward to uninterrupted coverage of rowing heats and 900 different categories of sailing heats and 400m reverse half-pike backstroke heats and nothing that doesn’t have at least one Strayan in it, like, say, finals of anything at all.
All, of course, covered by an ex-footballer.
I love how Australian sports networks give us what we want to see and keep a real perspective on things.

Looking forward to uninterrupted coverage of rowing heats and 900 different categories of sailing heats and 400m reverse half-pike backstroke heats and nothing that doesn't have at least one Strayan in it, like, say, finals of anything at all. All, of course, covered by an ex-footballer. I love how Australian sports networks give us what we want to see and keep a real perspective on things.

My favourite event by far.

Looking forward to uninterrupted coverage of rowing heats and 900 different categories of sailing heats and 400m reverse half-pike backstroke heats and nothing that doesn't have at least one Strayan in it, like, say, finals of anything at all. All, of course, covered by an ex-footballer. I love how Australian sports networks give us what we want to see and keep a real perspective on things.

Eric the eel does so well in it too …

Fark WADA … and their games

Fark WADA ........ and their games

and particularly fark John Coates and his arrogant mates.

Eric the eel does so well in it too …

Eric the Equatorial Guinea superstar.

I see blitz is too awesome for the olympics

I see blitz is too awesome for the olympics

I don’t know about too awesome, but they don’t overly interest me.