When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

There was a fair bit going on in the SHW weightlifting as well between the Armenians, Iranians etc

Seriously impressive

Why the hell were the Brazilian crowds booing Renaud Lavillenie while collecting his silver medal? He tried his best, ended with silver behind their volter, he wasn't a drug cheat or cheat in any way. Bizarre behaviour.

They heckled him during competition as he was jumping against a Brazilian who ended up winning, he made comments afterwards comparing the crowd to Germans booing Jesse Owens in 1936 which probably didn’t endear him to them.

Yeah I know all that but that still doesn’t explain the booing. It is not like he cheated in any way or robbed their guy of a win. It was very strange behaviour from the crowd.

Brooke Stratton jumping in the women’s long jump final.

Andrew Gaze.

Sorry, just remembered there is a mute function on my space age T.V.

Why the hell were the Brazilian crowds booing Renaud Lavillenie while collecting his silver medal? He tried his best, ended with silver behind their volter, he wasn't a drug cheat or cheat in any way. Bizarre behaviour.

They heckled him during competition as he was jumping against a Brazilian who ended up winning, he made comments afterwards comparing the crowd to Germans booing Jesse Owens in 1936 which probably didn’t endear him to them.

Yeah I know all that but that still doesn’t explain the booing. It is not like he cheated in any way or robbed their guy of a win. It was very strange behaviour from the crowd.

Tend to agree. Anyone would think it was in Perth.

Stratton 7th in the long jump final on debut. Fair effort.

Morgan Mitchell. If -and its a big IF - she can knock 3 seconds off her PB heading into Tokyo then (australian) megastardom awaits.

800 or 400h might be the go. Looks pretty strong but may lack the 100m speed? Her numbers currently are pretty similar to Tamsyn Lewis.

Of course only those working with her would have the foggiest idea about whether she can find a bit more 100m speed.

Morgan Mitchell. If -and its a big IF - she can knock 3 seconds off her PB heading into Tokyo then (australian) megastardom awaits.

800 or 400h might be the go. Looks pretty strong but may lack the 100m speed? Her numbers currently are pretty similar to Tamsyn Lewis.

Of course only those working with her would have the foggiest idea about whether she can find a bit more 100m speed.

Didn’t she do the 400m?

New favourite Lisa Mayer

Didn’t she do the 400m?

Yes, but I’m pretty sure Frosty means she currently lacks the 100m speed necessary to run a truly world-class, elite 400m time.

A local Leongatha Lass, daughter of family friends, all round great kid, and reigning Commonwealth Gold medalist is having a crack at qualifying for a chance at an Olympic gold tonight.

Ellie Pat, (Eleanor Patterson) is giving her all for Oz at 11 pm our time in the high jump.

Go Ellsey! South Gippslander!!!

Good article on her …

Didn’t she do the 400m?

Yes, but I’m pretty sure Frosty means she currently lacks the 100m speed necessary to run a truly world-class, elite 400m time.

Ah ok
Makes sense when it’s put that way!

The amount of the Olympics I’ve watched would be enough time for Bolt to run 75 metres.

A local Leongatha Lass, daughter of family friends, all round great kid, and reigning Commonwealth Gold medalist is having a crack at qualifying for a chance at an Olympic gold tonight.

Ellie Pat, (Eleanor Patterson) is giving her all for Oz at 11 pm our time in the high jump.

Go Ellsey! South Gippslander!!!

Bugger. :confused: She’s much better than that.

Eleanor Patterson is an Australian track and field athlete who competes in the high jump. She has a personal best of 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in) for the event. She is the joint holder of the world youth best and the outright holder of the Oceanian junior record. She was the gold medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and the 2013 World Youth Championships in Athletics.

Failed at 3 attempts at 1.92.

Nerves got to her. Bad luck, … still, … got maybe 2 decades to get it right.

2 silver and a bronze this morning has us now

7 gold
10 silver
10 bronze

Every chance of 2 medals in the BMX Mens.

Surely a swimmer can go and get on the sauce now that there competing is done?

The amount of the Olympics I've watched would be enough time for Bolt to run 75 metres.
I've watched a bit more than that but it certainly isn't the must see event like it used to be.
Surely a swimmer can go and get on the sauce now that there competing is done?

If the fish rots at the head, then Kitty might be a bit on the nose right now methinks. A team that hasnt performed to expectation and a grandstanding idiot setting the tone.