When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

BREAKING: Josh Palmer has rejected an invitation to front a media conference alongside Heritier Lumumba condemning gun violence in Brazil.

Go Boomers

Morgan Mitchell. If -and its a big IF - she can knock 3 seconds off her PB heading into Tokyo then (australian) megastardom awaits.

800 or 400h might be the go. Looks pretty strong but may lack the 100m speed? Her numbers currently are pretty similar to Tamsyn Lewis.

Of course only those working with her would have the foggiest idea about whether she can find a bit more 100m speed.

Didn’t she do the 400m?

Yes, but I’m pretty sure Frosty means she currently lacks the 100m speed necessary to run a truly world-class, elite 400m time.

Ah ok
Makes sense when it’s put that way!

Yeah, that was my point. Thanks chess for clarifying.

Birkenhead eliminated.

Ryan Gregson qualified 4th in his semi-final of the 1500m, the first Australian to make a final in that event since 1976.

First male since 76.

McKeon our most successful athlete at this games and that idiot media ■■■■■ Chiller doesn’t let her march. Should be carrying the flag for freaks sake.

McKeon our most successful athlete at this games and that idiot media ■■■■■ Chiller doesn't let her march. Should be carrying the flag for freaks sake.

What I really want to know/see is who the 2 Swedish girl she spent the night with are.

Boomers v Serbia tomorrow morning 8am on 7Mate.

That’s a better time for us.
My App was saying that we were the earlier game 4.20am, but that is much better if they have switched it.

Hope that is correct !

Edit: The USA v ESP is on at 4:30am on 7mate and AUS v SER is on 7

Lol.
Walking FFS.
This is why the olympics is so stupid, and whybtheybarennow ‘poaching’ sports like skateboarding, surfing and bmx.

I think I’m about to stay up until 1am to watch a silver medal in walking

I think I'm about to stay up until 1am to watch a silver medal in walking

I’m with you, but could be bronze?

Managed to stick it out for silver

Hangs on. Good work. It’s been carnage out there…

Amazing scenes at the finish. 3 of them can’t move lying 2 m past the finish. Get the doctors there.

Lol. Walking FFS. This is why the olympics is so stupid, and whybtheybarennow 'poaching' sports like skateboarding, surfing and bmx.

Walking no more stupid than breaststroke and butterfly.

The guys that finished this race deserve all the praise you can give them. It’s completely insane. The guy that finished 8th looked like he was going to die about 15kms ago…seriously worried about him.

^ the issue is that although Caster identifies as female (as is her right), and has female organs, she is actually a male in regards to her androgen levels. This isn't just an IAAF thing either, the IOC itself has guidelines regarding this which fall more in line with pre-CAS decision This article comprehensively covers it in a way I never could: http://sportsscientists.com/2016/07/caster-semenya-debate/

Just as a FYI, my personal take is that Pertorius should never have been able to compete in the able bodied Olympics
It’s akin to using a pogo stick to do high jump

EB, what are the numbers we're looking at in that Jamaican thing?

Here’s Bolt’s “progression” from IAAF.org

PERFORMANCE WIND PLACE DATE
2016 9.81 +0.2 Rio de Janeiro (Estádio Olímpico) 14 AUG
2015 9.79 -0.5 Beijing (National Stadium) 23 AUG
2014 9.98 -0.6 Warszawa (Stadion Narodowy) 23 AUG
2013 9.77 -0.3 Moskva (Luzhniki) 11 AUG
2012 9.63 +1.5 London (Olympic Stadium) 05 AUG
2011 9.76 +1.3 Bruxelles (Boudewijnstadion) 16 SEP
2010 9.82 +0.5 Lausanne (Pontaise) 08 JUL
2009 9.58 +0.9 Berlin (Olympiastadion) 16 AUG
2008 9.69 0.0 Beijing (National Stadium) 16 AUG
2007 10.03 +0.7 Réthimno 18 JUL

Seems to me he hasn’t performed to the same level post 2012. Whether that’s been age, injuries or something else is a potential discussion. The 07-08 change was massive, and the level from 08/09/12 was unprecedented. 13-16 has been a level more in line with historical numbers.

There’d obviously be bigger incentives for those involved to “manage an outcome” than there’d have been for Demetriou etc.

(I am not sure I’d want to know, and for now will choose to believe it’s all legit, but given the last few years around here I can’t help but look at everything with scepticism)

I took average time of 2011, 2012 and 2013 then adjusted for wind then took average of 2014, 2015 and 2016 then adjusted for wind

How’d you adjust for wind? I can’t conceive of how bolts 11/12/13 times are slower than the times post that… (no way is 9.63 with 1.5m/s tailwind equiv to 11.13! If that’s what you’ve done. 1.5m/s =/= 1.5s)

Japanese PM dressing up as Super Mario

Can you imagine any Australian PM doing that?

Great to see that our Bomber Girl Kim Brennan get the flag beaer honour for the closing ceremony. Would love to see the club give her an honour in some way.

Play her at full forward against Carlton?

Can she kick straight?

Silver turns into gold 4 years later.

Great to see that our Bomber Girl Kim Brennan get the flag beaer honour for the closing ceremony. Would love to see the club give her an honour in some way.

Play her at full forward against Carlton?

I’d almost take walking more seriously if they weren’t actually running