When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

We spend millions on AFL and we get no gold, silver or bronze medals at all! Think about your tax dollars paying Gil.

I feel sick now.

Yeah but at least we follow it more then once every 4 years for a week or so.

32 million dollars on hockey for no medal.

Not sure that medals are the measure that I’d be assessing spending against if I was in charge of sports funding. But still…

Not sure that medals are the measure that I’d be assessing spending against if I was in charge of sports funding. But still…

it is for uk, successful sports get more funding. cut throat.

WHAT OTHER MEASURE IS THERE?

FUN?!

FUN?!

that brazillian diver had a lot of fun.

FUN?!

Assuming its the sports bodies that get funding surely participation rates has to factor in.

It would be pretty crazy to throw money at equestrian and yachting just because we are a chance to get gold when most people dont have a chance to participate.

And it has been for us as well is my understanding. Or at least funding is directed to sports with the greatest prospect of success, and with more medals available.

Of course it’s a ridiculous way to distribute public funds.

And it has been for us as well is my understanding. Or at least funding is directed to sports with the greatest prospect of success, and with more medals available.

from what i’ve seen, the Uk is really ruthless though, like you underperform and thats effectively your funding gone.

Now the US media is claiming that the Rio police lied about Lochte. Fun and games.

Makes for interesting reading

from what i’ve seen, the Uk is really ruthless though, like you underperform and thats effectively your funding gone.

Yeh but it’s only a sport.

So the athletes land back in Aus and the decision is made to send Meares and Brennan out first to the cheering fans. So who steps out first? Chiller. lol

I think the taxpayer criticism of funding and what not is below the belt for mine.

If you ever get the chance, go to the AIS in Canberra. It’s actually quite eye-opening the level of training and the amount of training that happens there. And members of the public can visit and tour there. Bit of a hike to the centre in Belconnen.

so is footy, we all lose our minds here, on big footy/ sen/ etc.

Was being sarcastic, our idiot swim coach said that after repeated failures in the pool.

I see Kitty Chiller was first off the plane this morning, that’s who all the people at the airport were waiting to see. Cos we didn’t see enough of her while the games were on.

Was being sarcastic, our idiot swim coach said that after repeated failures in the pool.

I see Kitty Chiller was first off the plane this morning, that’s who all the people at the airport were waiting to see. Cos we didn’t see enough of her while the games were on.

she seems a total grub.