When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

WADA did a massive overhaul in Jamaica cos yeah, there was no out of comp testing being done lol ^

^ the issue is that although Caster identifies as female (as is her right), and has female organs, she is actually a male in regards to her androgen levels. This isn't just an IAAF thing either, the IOC itself has guidelines regarding this which fall more in line with pre-CAS decision This article comprehensively covers it in a way I never could: http://sportsscientists.com/2016/07/caster-semenya-debate/

Just as a FYI, my personal take is that Pertorius should never have been able to compete in the able bodied Olympics
It’s akin to using a pogo stick to do high jump

EB, what are the numbers we're looking at in that Jamaican thing?

Here’s Bolt’s “progression” from IAAF.org

PERFORMANCE WIND PLACE DATE
2016 9.81 +0.2 Rio de Janeiro (Estádio Olímpico) 14 AUG
2015 9.79 -0.5 Beijing (National Stadium) 23 AUG
2014 9.98 -0.6 Warszawa (Stadion Narodowy) 23 AUG
2013 9.77 -0.3 Moskva (Luzhniki) 11 AUG
2012 9.63 +1.5 London (Olympic Stadium) 05 AUG
2011 9.76 +1.3 Bruxelles (Boudewijnstadion) 16 SEP
2010 9.82 +0.5 Lausanne (Pontaise) 08 JUL
2009 9.58 +0.9 Berlin (Olympiastadion) 16 AUG
2008 9.69 0.0 Beijing (National Stadium) 16 AUG
2007 10.03 +0.7 Réthimno 18 JUL

Seems to me he hasn’t performed to the same level post 2012. Whether that’s been age, injuries or something else is a potential discussion. The 07-08 change was massive, and the level from 08/09/12 was unprecedented. 13-16 has been a level more in line with historical numbers.

There’d obviously be bigger incentives for those involved to “manage an outcome” than there’d have been for Demetriou etc.

(I am not sure I’d want to know, and for now will choose to believe it’s all legit, but given the last few years around here I can’t help but look at everything with scepticism)

I took average time of 2011, 2012 and 2013 then adjusted for wind then took average of 2014, 2015 and 2016 then adjusted for wind

How’d you adjust for wind? I can’t conceive of how bolts 11/12/13 times are slower than the times post that… (no way is 9.63 with 1.5m/s tailwind equiv to 11.13! If that’s what you’ve done. 1.5m/s =/= 1.5s)

Yeah that’s what I did lol
I have no idea how wind works but figured it must be important if they note it lol
I’ll try and superimpose the graphs on top of each other and post again so all the runners lines/times can be compared directly

Great to see that our Bomber Girl Kim Brennan get the flag beaer honour for the closing ceremony. Would love to see the club give her an honour in some way.

Wasn't there like, zero drug testing done in Jamaica over the past 2 - 4 years or something??

If that’s the case, I think there’s plenty of cause for suspicion on that basis alone.

Bolt most likely is/was on drugs … hell … along with 90% of other athletes

But will only come out decades or so down the track like Armstrong, as if he gets busted now athletics is dead for a generation and the IAAF won’t stand for that

Interesting…

We are assuming he took drugs despite no positive tests, no evidence of drug taking and nothing to show he has ever taken drugs.

Hmmm, wonder where I have heard that line before?

Note : not assuming he’s on anything, or even was. But this is track and field. Scepticism comes with the territory. EBs comments on the no out of comp testing are worthy of discussion given everything around drug testing and Russia and etc etc. And you can have similar discussions around so many.

Obviously all are “clean”, and have made for a great Olympics. Just we’re all a little sceptical when it comes to anything regarding sport and drugs.

So you are saying that Bolt ran a world record in 2012 at 9.63 sec and then in 2106 has has gone backwards because he could only run 9.81 sec, and in some galaxy of your mind, this is due to drugs or no drugs. You do realise that this difference equates to about 1.5 metres at the end of a race.

In 2007, he was 21 and still growing !! At 15, he ran 20.5 for the 200 metres and he was already 6’5" tall. He is a physical freak and you and others can insinuate that he and the rest of the Jamacians are just doped up fiends, but man has been evolving in athletics for a very long time and the times he has run as just smalls steps in that evolution.

I remember watching Tommie Smith and John Carlos run at Olympic Park against Peter Norman after then 1968 Mexico City Olympics. Tommie Smith seemed a giant of a man, running against the little white blokes. His best 200 metres time back in 1968 was 19.8, and this is about the time Bolt has just run. Tommie Smith was 6’3" and are you suggesting that he was on drugs way back then ???

The 9.7s are the “small steps”. 9.58…not so much.

Absolute freak, and a phenomenal athlete and probably the greatest of all time.

I just hope we don’t find out in 15 years that it was all an illusion, as seems to have been the case with plenty of the other 100 runners over the last 28 years.

I want to believe. I’m just a bit scared, you know, of the too good to be true nature of it all.

Note : not assuming he's on anything, or even was. But this is track and field. Scepticism comes with the territory. EBs comments on the no out of comp testing are worthy of discussion given everything around drug testing and Russia and etc etc. And you can have similar discussions around so many.

Obviously all are “clean”, and have made for a great Olympics. Just we’re all a little sceptical when it comes to anything regarding sport and drugs.

His relay team from 2008 and 2012 all have positive tests recorded against them (if the latest mail is true, Bolt will be stripped of the 2008 relay gold medal - though through no fault of his own)
Anonymous surveys also indicated 30-40% of all athletes have used a banned substance at some point, though they don’t specify the type of substance or the extent of use (heck, even I could/should have been done a half dozen times for using sudafed)

This article nicely sums up a correlation between the invent of certain drugs with a substantial improvement in WRs, but also a reverse correlation with testing and WRs so clearly it does something (if nothing more than deter some athletes, or limit their doping)

Interesting...

We are assuming he took drugs despite no positive tests, no evidence of drug taking and nothing to show he has ever taken drugs.

Hmmm, wonder where I have heard that line before?

Stockholm syndrome?

Note : not assuming he's on anything, or even was. But this is track and field. Scepticism comes with the territory. EBs comments on the no out of comp testing are worthy of discussion given everything around drug testing and Russia and etc etc. And you can have similar discussions around so many.

His relay team from 2008 and 2012 all have positive tests recorded against them (if the latest mail is true, Bolt will be stripped of the 2008 relay gold medal - though through no fault of his own)
Anonymous surveys also indicated 30-40% of all athletes have used a banned substance at some point, though they don’t specify the time of substance or the extent of use (heck, even I could/should have been done a half dozen times for using sudafed)

This article nicely sums up a correlation between the invent of certain drugs with a substantial improvement in WRs, but also a reverse correlation with testing and WRs so clearly it does something (if nothing more than deter some athletes, or limit their doping)
http://sportsscientists.com/2016/08/world-records-fossils/

These surveys are conservative - It’s a minimum 80% - The only track and field disciplines where doping would have less impact are the jumping events and I am certain some still dope.

There is a video on news.com.au snapchat things no Australian has said during the Olympics ■■■■■■ brilliant

Feel so humiliated right now. Why should we let any of these people back into the country when they’ve bought great shame on us as a nation. It’s these people that should have fruit thrown at them, not Eddie Betts. And really nasty bits too, all filled with maggots and odd looking Papua.
And kitty chiller you are worse than hitler.

Lochte has lost his sponsors over his liegate

Feel so humiliated right now. Why should we let any of these people back into the country when they've bought great shame on us as a nation. It's these people that should have fruit thrown at them, not Eddie Betts. And really nasty bits too, all filled with maggots and odd looking Papua. And kitty chiller you are worse than hitler.

How much taxpayer $$$ have been wasted on these losers?

There is a video on news.com.au snapchat things no Australian has said during the Olympics ■■■■■■ brilliant
Thanks for the tip.
Lochte has lost his sponsors over his liegate

Sponsors taking the moral high ground, using this as an opportunity to have a bit each way

The response from sponsors is pretty transparent

Feel so humiliated right now. Why should we let any of these people back into the country when they've bought great shame on us as a nation. It's these people that should have fruit thrown at them, not Eddie Betts. And really nasty bits too, all filled with maggots and odd looking Papua. And kitty chiller you are worse than hitler.

How much taxpayer $$$ have been wasted on these losers?

Hangings to good for them. Waste of good rope.
So glad I’m Tasmanian right now.

32 million dollars on hockey for no medal.

Medal tally per capita
Our Kiwi cousins come out on top

We spend millions on AFL and we get no gold, silver or bronze medals at all! Think about your tax dollars paying Gil.

I feel sick now.

My Olympics coverage came from this thread.