When we won our last final

Lol i assume that thread says “is it safe to bag David Hille”

Most ever users, 241??? Caddy-fest was a bit small back then

2 Likes

@theDJR and @Alan_Noonan_10 haven’t logged off in 15 years

8 Likes

F’n oath my friend.

I mean honestly, if people can’t get excited and optimistic and happy when your team is playing in the finals, then why do they even follow football?

2 Likes

How is the kid now? 1st birthday coming up?

Wow. So you’ve had sex a full FIVE times? I’m impressed!

4 Likes

Whatever happened to Marcus Bullen ?

Not sure if it’s been posted…
But here are the highlights of the game…

4 Likes

God, the old Olympic stand was still there. How old school is that

3 Likes

Me neither. 18 years.

1 Like

Erm…
This is a little embarrassing…

You see…
That Melbourne game was the last final I attended.
I didn’t go to the Adelaide final, missed the Carlton final as I was overseas and I was also overseas for the North final. I didn’t go to the Sydney final.

So…
How does one buy tickets nowadays?

I used to have queue up at a Ticketmaster, but now I’m not sure how to do it online.
If anyone can give some advice / experiences, then great.

I’m a full AFL member but my mates are club members, so the buy the tickets on the Sunday may not work for me.

2 Likes

David Hille wasn’t a half bad player was he.

Also, even in that tiny small snippet you can see the genius of James Hird - clearly exhausted and injured, yet just willing himself to the ball time and time again. Absolute champion.

2 Likes

When we won our last final, I still had the Mrs Fox as I do now, it was the first AFL final she ever saw. So it cannot be that long ago !!

Jeepers the old forums used to have more functionality then the current ones.

Least with the old ones we could post gifs without the forum going haywire and see active users and Birthdays etc…

4 Likes

I remember the game well. We used my uncles members tickets and go seats right on the wing. I thought we were toast at three quarter time.

It’s crazy to think that was 15 years ago.

When we last won a final, I was a balding overweight slob that couldn’t finish a sentence, but now

6 Likes

Given Bomberblitz is on the internet, I’ll assume you are familiar with webpages, search engines, standard QWERTY keyboards and the like.

The EFC website will set out where a match is being played. You can then look up that venue and find out whether the tickets are available through Ticketmaster (which you would call Bass) or Ticketek (which you might also call Bass). Try to do all this shortly after venues are announced as tickets may sell quickly.

Get on the correct ticketing wbsite (you could try telephoning but the rotary dial may be too slow) and follow the prompts (including for your AFL membership number/s if applicable), be ready with your credit card (Bankcard) details and don’t ask for information about coming events at the same venue.

Make it happen @Blummers32! We want you, your thermos and your Bombers tartan rug there!

3 Likes

I had to do some research here, but as far as I can tell I was 23, working part time in an ice cream shop, studying sound production, and had just come back from Perth having just played the first interstate gigs of my life. I wasn’t married yet, but I was seeing my first wife. Between then and now I’ve been married, had a kid who has survived (essentially) a heart attack from an undiagnosed heart condition, built, run and sold out of a successful coffee business with a random bloke who became a great friend, divorced, remarried (far more happily) and pivoted into a new career in making spirits.

In my opinion the best context for this period is Brittany Spears, who in September 2004 married Kevin Federline. They split in 2007, they have 2 kids aged 13 & 12. She’s gone right off the deep end and rebuilt her entire life since Essendon last won a final.

4 Likes

I often ask myself

when we last won a final, we allowed Murphy, Cupido and Haynes to represent our club. And we wonder where the culture went