Which game is our next win?

But that game was played in… Sydney

1 Like

Prior to the swans game we had won 5 of our last 6 interstate.

Freo

I am bullish. I think we are on the cusp of something great…

Next 6 in a row.

don’t worry, stander2 or whatever his name is has pencilled in the next 3 weeks as easy wins, so just sit back and relax and enjoy.

We’ll beat freo. After that, who knows. I don’t even wanna think about the c—on game.

They’ll beat Freo and beat them easily because there is now no expectation on them. I’m even willing to bet on the outcome of this game for the first time in 30 years. They will probably beat Richmond (or come very close) and everyone will be saying “They’re back!”, “Top four material!”

Then going into the Carlton game they will be favourites and so will surely lose. I would bet on this game too if I wasn’t an Essendon supporter.

On paper they are a very talented team, but I’m afraid the club as a whole is mentally soft and way too “nice”.

Where are we getting this confidence from that we will beat Freo?

Freo have conceded the second least points in the league albeit with a game still to come.

They are a compact unit playing for each other.

In other words our kryptonite.

Hope our players aren’t taking this game so lightly.

3 Likes

I totally sympathise Killer_Mike and in my case I’m not saying this out of blind loyalty. They are talented, but they can’t hack being favourites. Same pattern last year - played like rubbish until they were written off for the 8.

We’ll beat Freo and this place will be up and about again.

I’m actually questioning whether we are good enough.

Even if we play well they can still beat us.

I’ll stick with my theory on mental weakness (for now) but, yeah, who knows with this mob? I won’t be cheering the house down if I’m right.

1 Like

At the moment, we can’t beat anyone. Mark the Carlton game down as a loss now. FC are playing with a lot more passion and heart than us along with most other AFL teams.

We will start to play well when we are no chance of making finals. We will win a number of games and everyone will think next year will be different…

3 Likes

Yeah… nah.

Last week they trailed at Half Time 10 goals to 1 against an equally mediocre North side. Not much passion and heart there.

Collingwood played a quarter yesterday and still won with change to spare in the end.

No doubt Carlton and us have a massive rivalry where upsets occur. We seem to be absolutely scarred by a win they had early in 2017 when we had about 4 inches of rain that day and the conditions were dreadful. We did win the game later in the year though. Last year was a disaster, yep… but we were playing extremely badly at the time.

They put in a lot more effort than us this week. They are just not good enough, skill wise to win but they showed a bit of fight. More than we did.

Yep. One sample. This week.

A lot will change again between now and the time we play them.

As bad as we have been at times… we have lost 3 games by a total of 20 points. Two of the results were extremely questionable for reasons beyond our control.

Like our effort in Round 1.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the 2 questionable results. My passion for this game is diminishing weekly. Can’t help thinking we are playing against an opposition team and the AFL every week.

1 Like

Best team outside the 8

Fair enough. Just saying that if Carlton are considered to have shown ‘heart and passion’ in their loss to Collingwood yesterday… I would argue that we showed equal of these qualities in our own game against them, if not more.

Let’s face it… any fixture would be a struggle for Carlton but if they had our fixture over the first 8 rounds, they would currently be winless.