Who Should We Draft?

So assuming we will use either 2 or 3 of our national draft picks. Who should we be looking at?

I think we will use 2 live picks (upgrade Ambrose and Steinberg, delist Jetta, Hardingham, Gregory and Van Unen. Winders to go around one more year)

So that means pick 19 and 49 as it stands right now.

so who do we like?

At 19 I have been keeping up to date with Garlett from WA. Seems an electric type around the wing and forward 50 that would give us the attacking speed we are looking for. I also don't mind Alex Neal-Bullen from SA as an inside grunt worker who shows real promise.

At 49 I like another two SA boys. Harrison Wigg and Cory Gregson. Wigg is a good ball user in the middle who would likely start as a half back flanker in the AFl while Gregson has the makings of a decent crumbing small forward although he mostly plays in the middle in the SANFL.

Recognising I’ve never seen of these guys play…
I’d assume Winders will retire, which will give us 3 picks (sans trades). My targets would be:
19: Connor Menadue/a tall
49: Baulderstone/Tagliabue (in that order)
67: Anthony Wilson/Ben Cavarra/Jake Owen
And yes, I’ve relied on (some might say stolen) the reports by the state watchers and TAC watchers. Thanks all. So if you want details on the guys above, head for the “State League Prospects” and “TAC/U18” threads.

First Pick: Connor Menadue/Jarrod Garlett (spelling)

Second pick: Aiden Anderson

Third Pick: Tagliabue/Baulderstone

You need to factor Longy into the pick order.

Are you talking about Jarrod Garlett? If so, WANT, but he will go top 10 or high top 10

CALLUM COLLARD PLZ

Who would you rather have WA Blitzers Pickett or Garlett?

Both. But Garlett is undeniably more talented. Pickett has been playing ressies.

19: Someone who can win their own ball (in good numbers) and has above average leg speed.

49: A key position type.

If Ryder goes (which he won't) this of course all changes.

Cavarra needs a go, too good to be sitting in the VFL after winning the Morish last year. 

Both. But Garlett is undeniably more talented. Pickett has been playing ressies.

One of them will drop to our pick*
*we won't pick either

Who would you rather have WA Blitzers Pickett or Garlett?

GARLETT by a mile

What are (educated) people's opinions on Darcy Cameron? Was not picked up in the draft last year as a 19 yo playing for WA, apparently injured during 2013 also. Some do say he was unlucky not to be drafted but went back and played 10 WAFL games for Claremont this year to some success(?).

Ruckman do take some years to develop so as a 20 year old next season, he could prove to be a reliable third ruckman/support act for the ones, whilst maturing in the VFL.

D.O.B. 18th July 1995
HEIGHT 204cm
WEIGHT 104kg

Considering he was passed last year, is he a realistic rookie selection or would we need to pull the trigger at 48.

http://youtu.be/I52r6CCj0Pg

Seems to have pretty decent hands also.

Thoughts?

1. Vanilla panic merchant
  2. Fearless HBF with questionable disposal.

Any chance at all that Hugh Goddard could do a Zac Merrett and slip to pick 19 or 20?

What are (educated) people's opinions on Darcy Cameron? Was not picked up in the draft last year as a 19 yo playing for WA, apparently injured during 2013 also. Some do say he was unlucky not to be drafted but went back and played 10 WAFL games for Claremont this year to some success(?).

Ruckman do take some years to develop so as a 20 year old next season, he could prove to be a reliable third ruckman/support act for the ones, whilst maturing in the VFL.

D.O.B. 18th July 1995
HEIGHT 204cm
WEIGHT 104kg

Considering he was passed last year, is he a realistic rookie selection or would we need to pull the trigger at 48.

Thoughts?

I rated him highly as a junior and was very surprised when he wasn't picked up at all.  Good all-round ruckman, tapwork good, mobility good, would like to see him make more of a splash with his contested marking though.  Dunno how he's gone at WAFL level, but he was listed as 80-something kg in the u18s and he's apparently 104 now?  WTF have they been feeding him?

*we won't pick either

Pickett was eligible last year and not picked up? Or are you talking about our second pick. In which case I think he still will.

D.O.B. 18th July 1995
HEIGHT 204cm
WEIGHT 104kg

Thoughts?

Friends of mine rate him. LIKE.

Im actually hoping Hugh Goddard drops to our first pick

*we won't pick either

Pickett was eligible last year and not picked up? Or are you talking about our second pick. In which case I think he still will.

Most mocks have him going top 15 this year.