Who Should We Draft?

With all due respect, I think we should have allowed Winders to retire.  He is one kick away from doing a hammy.  He was certain he did not want to play on in  2015.  He said he did not want to go through another pre-season again and he knew, his body and mind had, had enough.  How  clear can one get?  Hirdy talked him into playing.   We'll see how wise that decision was in 2015.

...on Grand Final day when he kicks four.

I'd like to remind everyone we picked Gleeson up with pick 53 a couple years back.

Don't underestimate that, irrespective of draft penalties, we will be fine as the recruiters will have a good number

of prospects identified.

DRAFT LID OFF!!!!!

The recruit winner....Crazy vossy knows how to pick them.

I heard that one of the guys from the recruit sat at our table for the MVP the other night. Whats up with that?

Gossy? isn't he a mad bombers fan?

Im actually hoping Hugh Goddard drops to our first pick

Bitchmond will take him.

Goddard will not fall to us.

Recruit winner won't go through the draft, is guaranteed an AFL spot.  Clubs interested put in a bid, if more than one club bids, he will got to go to his choice of club.  

What are (educated) people's opinions on Darcy Cameron? Was not picked up in the draft last year as a 19 yo playing for WA, apparently injured during 2013 also. Some do say he was unlucky not to be drafted but went back and played 10 WAFL games for Claremont this year to some success(?).

Ruckman do take some years to develop so as a 20 year old next season, he could prove to be a reliable third ruckman/support act for the ones, whilst maturing in the VFL.

D.O.B. 18th July 1995
HEIGHT 204cm
WEIGHT 104kg

Considering he was passed last year, is he a realistic rookie selection or would we need to pull the trigger at 48.

http://youtu.be/I52r6CCj0Pg

Seems to have pretty decent hands also.

Thoughts?

I rated him highly as a junior and was very surprised when he wasn't picked up at all.  Good all-round ruckman, tapwork good, mobility good, would like to see him make more of a splash with his contested marking though.  Dunno how he's gone at WAFL level, but he was listed as 80-something kg in the u18s and he's apparently 104 now?  WTF have they been feeding him?

Apparently he trained with us last year before the rookie draft so Dodoro and co would know more about him than most here. He has also been invited to the WA state combine later this year also. 

After a brief read he played the year under Mark Seaby at Claremont, mentioned in a few write ups and in the best for 3 of the first 5 games. Was regularly getting decent hit outs, supporting Seaby and kicking goals - not too bad as an 18 year old. If he has put a few more kegs on in a non-neagle way then could be a gem. 

Anybody kept track of Cameron Conlon from the draft last year?

Was a top rated (top 10 at one point I think), very athletic KPP/Ruck who’s year was crippled by injury. Went un drafted, interested to know if he played state footy of is lost forever?

Was a top rated (top 10 at one point I think), very athletic KPP/Ruck who's year was crippled by injury. Went un drafted, interested to know if he played state footy of is lost forever?

Was an overager at the Knights this year.  Knee injury for the first half of the year.  Played 1 TAC game for very moderate stats (1 goal, 4 touches) and then vanished again - presumably injured, but was complaining on twitter last month that people thought he was injured when he wasn't, so I dunno!

Suspect he'll find a VFL spot next year.  Just not enough exposed form and too many injury issues to be drafted atm I think.

Was a top rated (top 10 at one point I think), very athletic KPP/Ruck who's year was crippled by injury. Went un drafted, interested to know if he played state footy of is lost forever?

Was an overager at the Knights this year.  Knee injury for the first half of the year.  Played 1 TAC game for very moderate stats (1 goal, 4 touches) and then vanished again - presumably injured, but was complaining on twitter last month that people thought he was injured when he wasn't, so I dunno!

Suspect he'll find a VFL spot next year.  Just not enough exposed form and too many injury issues to be drafted atm I think.

Nah, rookie him. With our luck he will finally get injury free, play well and all of a sudden shoot up the draft order. We need to take a few risks and a low investment/high return rookie would be one good option.

(Fully aware we won't actually do this :P)

Ricky Mott....or will he still be available in the rookie draft?

Was an overager at the Knights this year. Knee injury for the first half of the year. Played 1 TAC game for very moderate stats (1 goal, 4 touches) and then vanished again - presumably injured, but was complaining on twitter last month that people thought he was injured when he wasn't, so I dunno!
Suspect he'll find a VFL spot next year. Just not enough exposed form and too many injury issues to be drafted atm I think.

Cheers, hasn't had the gap year I thought he would.

Interested to know the knocks on Aaron Christensen? 19 year old from the Falcons. Tall running wingmen/forward is something we haven't had for a while. 

Interested to know the knocks on Aaron Christensen? 19 year old from the Falcons. Tall running wingmen/forward is something we haven't had for a while. 

Are there two Aaron Christensens? Because there was a guy by that name at the Falcons last year who I believe the knocks on were that he was short and weighed about half a kilo.

Are there two Aaron Christensens? Because there was a guy by that name at the Falcons last year who I believe the knocks on were that he was short and weighed about half a kilo.

Must be, the one I am talking about is actually from the Cannons. 

Yeah brother of Cats one. Same height but half the weight.

Ricky Mott....or will he still be available in the rookie draft?

How old would Ricky Mott be now?