Who Should We Draft?

Normal rookies 4

B rookie 1

We have two normal rookie spots filled - Aylett and Stein and two to fill.

And have we guaranteed Aylett a rookie spot?

Yes.

So we have 4 rookie picks then?

4 yes. I've compiled the PSD & Rookie Draft as I understand them, which ought to solve any questions people might have.

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2166-psd-rookie-draft-order/

why is greg broughton getting rookied?

I think Steinberg is a waste of a rookie spot to be honest. Pears wasn't a factor this season due to injury and we didn't have Gwilt.

I think Steinberg is a waste of a rookie spot to be honest. Pears wasn't a factor this season due to injury and we didn't have Gwilt.

Concur

Last year for Tayte I'd say if injuries continue.

What an outrageous bonus it would be if he stayed injury free, and regained some confidence to display the form of several years past.

Pears is a waste of any type of spot.

Hirdy says will look for ruckman in rookie draft

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-28/dons-turn-search-to-a-ruckman

You're right, Stein is waste... we have Pears...

Shane Yarran still out there... would make me very happy.

My sources tell me that the rookie draft strategy will not be about getting a ruckman or choosing the best available. Instead, the strategy will be to sabotage the blues by forcing them to take a lesser player.

Hirdy says will look for ruckman in rookie draft
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-28/dons-turn-search-to-a-ruckman

Only One pick in rookie draft means aylett and long. :P
Plus 1 more.
Hopefully a Norwood boy
Ruck baulderstone
Best available peter Bampton

Just rewatched dodoro video.

he said will go best available in the rookie draft.

Essendon supporters should tune in next week they will be happy, (......hint hint long.!)

Because I am a miserable vengeful ■■■■■■■ who can see a cloud to every silver lining:

Never forget over the course of this draft and the years following that while we're getting 17 and 20, we SHOULD be picking at 13 and 17.  Whether it's Ellis, Laverde, Cockatoo, Weller, Wright, or whoever goes between the pick that we should have, and the pick that we do have, always remember it.  Remember how badly we got screwed over by the AFL, and how the club administration let it happen.

Ironically, if we'd had 13 and 17 we might have ended up with the exact same players, given the way the draft played out.
It's the missing 2nd round pick and the two 2013 picks that hurt.

Because I am a miserable vengeful ■■■■■■■ who can see a cloud to every silver lining:

Never forget over the course of this draft and the years following that while we're getting 17 and 20, we SHOULD be picking at 13 and 17.  Whether it's Ellis, Laverde, Cockatoo, Weller, Wright, or whoever goes between the pick that we should have, and the pick that we do have, always remember it.  Remember how badly we got screwed over by the AFL, and how the club administration let it happen.

Ironically, if we'd had 13 and 17 we might have ended up with the exact same players, given the way the draft played out.
It's the missing 2nd round pick and the two 2013 picks that hurt.

No real spots to fill on the list though, even if we had a pick 30ish.

Players who would've been a serious consideration.

- Connor Blakely 34

- Alex Neal-Bullen 40

- Jack Lonie 41

- Caleb Daniel 46

- Oscar McDonald 53

- Clem Smith 60

- Reece McKenzie 77

Only question is, who would you have delisted? It's a hard retrospective situation to consider, cause there are a lot of factors that could've altered the shape/dynamic of our list coming to the end of this season has we not been hampered with unjust sanctions...

So Rookie Draft picks:

Round 1:     Ruckman

Round 2:     Kurt Aylett

Round 3:     Jake Long

Round 4:     Conor McKenna

I wish we had one more pick for Tippa!

So Rookie Draft picks:

Not quite.

We'll have one pick live and then Aylett, Stein and Long.

McKenna is Rookie B.

So Rookie Draft picks:

Not quite.

McKenna is Rookie B.

Sorry beastie, but RedSashonBlack is correct. McKenna may be Rookie B but unless they've changed things in the past year he'll be officially drafted as well.

PSD/Rookie Draft Order

So Rookie Draft picks:

Not quite.

McKenna is Rookie B.

Sorry beastie, but RedSashonBlack is correct. McKenna may be Rookie B but unless they've changed things in the past year he'll be officially drafted as well.

PSD/Rookie Draft Order

No probs.

But Stein is still one of the four normal rookies and McKenna isn't as far as I'm aware?

Edit: Just realised you were talking about what order they'll be called. No stress.

So Rookie Draft picks:

Round 1:    Baulderstone

that looks pretty good

and yes one more pick for Tippa would be great

Still struggle to believe the AFL cut the rookie list back to 4 spots from 6. So frustrating. If we had 3 live picks we could get Keitel, Tippa and a ruck.