Who should we pursue? (VIA TRADE)

All I want is a small, crumbing forward with some pace.

I'd hope we make a decent play at Garlett.

I don't reckon there is much else that we need to go out of our way to chase hard for. But it's early days as far as the trade period goes.

I donno. HIs offence at best you'd want.

But atm he isn't getting a game at Carlton (well before the incident) because he had 0 defensive pressure and his attacking side this year had fallen off.

it'd be a risk getting him cos it's not as if he's getting left out of a top 4 club for those reasons.

Donno or care who we chase as long as it's for spots we lack in at present. We don't lack in slow clearence players so Ball and Sewell do not make sense to be looking at.

I doubt we'd have to overpay for Garlett. And yeah, he has some defensive issues, so it's a risk. But defensive pressure is like many things, it's often all in the head. And Garlett's head hasn't been in it at Carlton since Mick showed up.

Agree on Ball and Sewell types. Would serve zero purpose to us. 

lets pick up some guy

Jarrad Grant, would come cheap.

For a reason.

For a reason.

Worth a risk

For a reason.

Worth a risk

Would struggle to get a gig with the blitz team

The day we picked up Jarrad Grant would be the day I put my house on us getting the spoon. If we got him then you could lock in we were tanking.

Kristian Jaksch want to come home from GWS would love to get him to the club!

Don't think K Harper will be going anywhere, v happy at the club*

*speaking with his family

Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

I'd be saying: "Hand over your first round pick or go elsewhere."
What pick do they have? Would it be around 4-5?
Since he is contracted I would want overs for him and I think we will play handball if we even decide to get in the game.
Would prefer to see him stay though.
And they say no worries, we'll grab him as a free agent at the end of his contract, or better still support him in challenging the legitimacy of his employment contract where Essendon have failed to provide a safe working environment and therafter arrange to take him in the pre season draft. Yeah we don't have much leverage.

Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

I'd be saying: "Hand over your first round pick or go elsewhere."
What pick do they have? Would it be around 4-5?
Since he is contracted I would want overs for him and I think we will play handball if we even decide to get in the game.
Would prefer to see him stay though.

And they say no worries, we'll grab him as a free agent at the end of his contract, or better still support him in challenging the legitimacy of his employment contract where Essendon have failed to provide a safe working environment and therafter arrange to take him in the pre season draft.

e31.jpg

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Brisbane =/= Cairns

Racists

Jordan Schroder (Geelong) and Mitch Hallahan (Hawthorn) are the two guys who interest me the most

Oh right the 'real world'.... where we had our coach suspended, senior leaders forced to resign and draft picks and fines thrown at us for a lack of 'governance', a world where our footy club has been banned from participation in the finals and where the players have battled unprecedented adversity week in week out..

Oh right the 'real world'.... where we had our coach suspended, senior leaders forced to resign and draft picks and fines thrown at us for a lack of 'governance', a world where our footy club has been banned from participation in the finals and where the players have battled unprecedented adversity week in week out..

O my

Send in the union!

I meant the real world where Essendon had amicably traded two players out and two players in.

Not the one where another club instigates legal action to get a player.

Well I don't like the sound of that.
They will have well over $1M left in the cap, after everyone left last year, and Brown this year.
Doubt he'd go.

I see, that sounds like the old world to me… Every other club in the AFL only recently pushed for Essendon to simply accept the ASADA penalties without exercising the right to legal recourse . It’d be no different in a trade scenario in my view where they could support a threat of a contract challenge to manufacture a trade in their favour. The likes of Sydney in particular would happily screw us over if it meant them getting a player who could drive their future success.