Who should we pursue? (VIA TRADE)

I highly doubt Dempsey will be going anywhere and my tip is that he will finish his career at Essendon.

Loves the club and after the club supported him this season and helped him get back to the Dempsey we all know and love, I think the club showed that they love him just as much.

He won’t go anywhere.

I think some people still underestimate just how close and tight-knit our playing group is, still. This ordeal has bought them closer and not pushed them apart.

I'd be disappinted if the club doesn't manufacture a significant win/win trade, which some hardcore fans find difficult to come to terms with.

I too will be disappointed if people aren't disappointed.
Tell you what, if fans being disappointed is a KPI, Dodoro must get a good Christmas bonus.

FKG DODORO, can't even disappoint fans, sack rodski.-

Another small forward please.

If we don't get a trade done this off-season, I can't see Rodski keeping his job.

If we don't get a trade done this off-season, I can't see Rodski keeping his job.

His position will be untenable.

I would be asking the Crows what they want for Sam Kerridge.
But I don't think we will be very active this year.
If Colyer hadn't progressed as much as he had in the last 8 weeks, I'd be looking at Jason Tutt, but I've completely lost interest now.
In my opinion we will only be looking at obtaining draft picks this year using the likes of Hardingham, Jetta, Kavanagh, Dalgliesh and Van Unen if any clubs are willing to trade for them.
Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

Get Rockliff!

I don't really think we're in a position to be chasing trades this season. We don't have many draft picks, and pretty much all our players with actual trade currency (i.e. to actually be worth enough to convince another club to give us a good enough one of their players) are in our best 22 - especially once you take out Winderlich and possibly Fletcher. We have a fairly balanced list with no real holes that need fixing, and we'll probably only create such holes by trading out players. Free agency and drafting has served us well recently, and we should keep our focus on that I think. If we trade, it should be to swap fringe players for draft picks. No big fish.

If Colyer hadn't progressed as much as he had in the last 8 weeks, I'd be looking at Jason Tutt, but I've completely lost interest now.
In my opinion we will only be looking at obtaining draft picks this year using the likes of Hardingham, Jetta, Kavanagh, Dalgliesh and Van Unen if any clubs are willing to trade for them.
Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

Get Rockliff!
Jack Crisp. Equivalent but younger.
Would come MUCH cheaper too.

Get Rockliff!

He said they are interested in Dempsey, not Heppell.

No idea what his contract status is, but if Brisbane were interested in Dempsey, I’d love to get Sam Mayes. His skill set would add a lot to our team, though we would have to sweeten the deal with a decent draft pick or player.

Shows how ■■■■ Brisbane are that they can, apparently, lever anyone they want out of our club whether they're contracted or not, whether they want to stay or not, and they pick our 3rd best HBF.

Idiots.

Lions are throwing stupid coin at Dayne Beams

Well I don't like the sound of that.
I do. If they are desperate to get him then they should be willing to part with either a 1st round pick or a 2nd round + and a player.

Id trade a 3rd rounder for Tim Membrey. add another tall to our list

If dempsey wanted to go, Id like to get a good deal done.

Opens door up for Gleeson to come into his spot. First rounnd pick would be good. we got pick 19 for ted richards which we used on dempsey. If we got lions first pick would be a top 5 pick. But it seems a bit much for them to give up for dempsey.

So would have to get a second round pick plus player or pick upgrade.

Is Goldsack a FA?

Versatile thrid tall at both ends. Could be more than handy.

Tom Mitchell is who we should be targeting in my opinion. He should be number one on our list of priorities.

Only 21, would be best 22 instantly with a hell of a lot of upside. 

Can score goals, tackle, rack up disposals and has neat disposal.

The only reason he hasn't played more this season is due to injury rather than form, he is the guy who had 64 touches and 4 goals in a game in 2's not that far back. (Admittedly a far weaker league than either WAFL or VFL).

I think if we worked a trade as Fog suggested for Membrey + Mitchell for Bellchambers that it would be well worth it. We get another forward (3rd tall but a tall non-the less) and a young gun midfielder.

People always complain about how we aren't like Hawthorn and aren't aggressive enough at the trade table and if this deal is doable then here is our chance to be aggressive and target 2 players in an area that we desperately need help in (Forward-line and Midfield). The reason I rate Midfield as still an area we could improve on is because Jobe will be 30 next season along with Goddard and I believe we are lacking one extra gun midfielder to allow us to have the Hawthorn/Sydney/Geelong luxury of always having 3-4 gun mids not tagged a game, allowing them to dominate through the middle.

He is also in the right age demographic for our list as we do have quite a young squad that I think would suit him quite well along with Membrey.

It comes up every year, trade Belly , trade Ryder for the gun mid, blah blah blah but no one seemingly ever asks how thin our ruck stocks already are.

Given the Belly ankle trouble, If Ryder had been injured at any stage this year, even a two week niggle, we’d have been well and truly farked. Our tradeable depth in talls , and specifically Ruckman, is a fallacy imo. We need both those lad’s to stay.

It comes up every year, trade Belly , trade Ryder for the gun mid, blah blah blah but no one seemingly ever asks how thin our ruck stocks already are.
Given the Belly ankle trouble, If Ryder had been injured at any stage this year, even a two week niggle, we'd have been well and truly farked. Our tradeable depth in talls , and specifically Ruckman, is a fallacy imo. We need both those lad's to stay.

I think the arguement would be to get a pick + a downgraded ruckman to fill the secondary ruck role. Currently both TBell and Paddy are #1 ruckmen and both struggle when they have to spend more than 30% of the time in the forward line. So the line of thinking could be TBell for a pick + developing/2nd ruckman.
Not that I agree with it TBH

Is Goldsack a FA?
Versatile thrid tall at both ends. Could be more than handy.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/0cgbZqR2AGI[/youtube]