Who stays and Who goes

For mine

Gone:
Browne, Jetta, Van Unen, Thurlow,

Resign:
Ashby, Daniher, Gleeson, Hmas, Hardingham, Hobberd, Hocking, Howlett, Winderlich, Zaharakis

Sign and Promote:
Ambrose, Steinberg

Resign as rookies:
Dell'Ollio, Rayner, Gregory (don't know anything about this one so cant dump him off)

Probable Retirements:
Fletcher

This would leave 5 spots to fill and I would put up Dempsey and pears for trade too.

LOL.

RE-SIGN, damnit!
But LOL at Browne.

EDIT: and that final sentence. Gold.

trade pears. lolza

Not sure on contract status of any of these but..

Delist: Jetta, Van Unen, Gregory, O'Brien

Tradable: Hardingham (if anyone would take him) Colyer and Pears

VU, Gregory and NO'B are all contracted.
I do agree with Colyer though.

VU is out of contract at years end
As is Gregory

We'd be lucky to get anything for Colyer.

VU is out of contract at years end
As is Gregory
I stand corrected.

GREGORY.

Give him time and kilograms.

I think it's distasteful to have these sorts of conversations less than a third of the way into the season.  But when some aren't even smart enough to check the contract status of those they want axed, you have to wonder what value this has at all.   

At least get the facts right.  You at least owe the players that. 

I think it's distasteful to have these sorts of conversations less than a third of the way into the season. But when some aren't even smart enough to check the contract status of those they want axed, you have to wonder what value this has at all.
At least get the facts write. You at least owe the players that.

Facts and some Blitz posts are seemingly mutually exclusive.

Why is Pears untrade-able out of curiousity? If someone gave us pick 30-35 you'd fkg jump at it especially if you were confident Stein could be upgraded and play that role.

Why is Pears untrade-able out of curiousity? If someone gave us pick 30-35 you'd fkg jump at it especially if you were confident Stein could be upgraded and play that role.

Sadly I agree.
I honestly thought Tayte would be a superstar

Not confident at all. Would still jump at the trade, pears has the unfortunate circumstances of being chronically injured.

i think Pears would probably jump at it also, must be the only player that hates hearing about Fletch playing on and on and on.....

sad but true

i think Pears would probably jump at it also, must be the only player that hates hearing about Fletch playing on and on and on.....

Not sure if Pears would replace Fletch anyway.  Its Fletch's rebound & ability to play on all sizes that makes him so valuable still, while Pears seems more suited to a 2rd/3rd tall these days.  If Fletch was out I would think its more run not more height needed.  Hooker & Hurley can cover most sides key forwards but with Demps out of form its that halfback run we've craved.  Pears looked like the rebounding side of his game was going to be a strength but that was pre-injuries.  Unless he can somehow get back on track I can't see him forcing his way into the side.  If there's interest at the end of the year then its most likley best for both sides to find Tayte a new home.  Would love him to become the player he looked like becoming but maybe a fresh start may be his best hope.  Pitty.

Guess it is early however the thread is here so lets have that discussion.

The question I have is who are we willing to give up to lure a key forward to the club? Unfortunately the Dyson and 3rd rounder will not cut it (whats the equivalent today? Pears and a 3rd rounder?) and we need to offer best 22 players. 

Out of the best 22 players for me the ones I would put on the table for a  deal involving a key forward are:

Hurley, Howlett and Dempsey. All are players who will command  currency and could go some way towards ensuring we have a list that can challenge. Without a forward that will simply not occur. 

Who out of the best 22 is tradeable in your view for a forward?

Not sure if Pears would replace Fletch anyway.  Its Fletch's rebound & ability to play on all sizes that makes him so valuable still, while Pears seems more suited to a 2rd/3rd tall these days.  If Fletch was out I would think its more run not more height needed.  Hooker & Hurley can cover most sides key forwards but with Demps out of form its that halfback run we've craved.  Pears looked like the rebounding side of his game was going to be a strength but that was pre-injuries.  Unless he can somehow get back on track I can't see him forcing his way into the side.  If there's interest at the end of the year then its most likley best for both sides to find Tayte a new home.  Would love him to become the player he looked like becoming but maybe a fresh start may be his best hope.  Pitty.

I know they are not the same type of player but Pears chance of a game surely increases if Fletch isnt available.

Pears has just turned 24, just needs a half a season of good health and continuity in the afl to be a valuable contributer, hope he stays.

trade pears. lolza

pears + 3rd rounder, it's the new "Dyson + 3rd rounder for established star of the comp" trade scenario.