Who stays and Who goes

Reckon
Delist Jetta Zaka Melksham Dempsey howlett Stanton Heck reckon Watson as well.
Rebuild....
All the above based on form alone.
Have I gone too early on some of these guys???

one of these things is not like the other
Howlett is spelt with a lower case 'h'?
You serious? Of all the woeful things I've said in above post you pick a grammar mistake ....
By the way yes howlett is spelt with a lower case h in this post.
Geez calm down, I was sarcastically answering sameolds sarcastic comment.
All good I'm calm. I was just pointing out how terrible my original post was.
Just in line with some of the previous terrible posts
howlett still spelt with lower case h. :)

I’m not going to discuss who should stay or go, because it’s far too early in the season for that, but IMO we have to go after a key forward, either in a trade or through the draft. Look at last night, Daniher is not physically ready just yet to be an AFL forward, although we know he will be one in a few years. Carlisle appears to be better suited to defence, Hurley as well looks far more settled down back. Fletch won’t be around forever, so once he departs, Hooker and Carlisle as the keys and Hurls as 3rd tall/zone off defender looks very, very good, possibly AFL best. We need to get ourselves a quality key forward by packaging up our top pick (will most likely end up in the early 20s after FA compo picks are allocated) plus a player that is expendable but also of some worth on the trade table to either get a player from another club or get into the top 10 of next years draft. I don’t know much about the depth of the 2014 Draft but I’ve heard the top-end is full of tall forwards.

key forward

Whats everyones view on Fletch? do we give him another year?

Too early to tell, but I still reckon he's best 22 despite seeing a lot comments saying he's become slow.

Yes.

Yes.

Fletch will know better than anyone else if he is capable and driven enough to go on next year. Barring injuries he could go around again. 

I was assuming his current form continues and he wants to go around again.

browne stays apparently. good to hear. 

browne stays apparently. good to hear. 

Great news. He's one of our better young mids IMO.

I'm not going to discuss who should stay or go, because it's far too early in the season for that, but IMO we have to go after a key forward, either in a trade or through the draft. Look at last night, Daniher is not physically ready just yet to be an AFL forward, although we know he will be one in a few years. Carlisle appears to be better suited to defence, Hurley as well looks far more settled down back. Fletch won't be around forever, so once he departs, Hooker and Carlisle as the keys and Hurls as 3rd tall/zone off defender looks very, very good, possibly AFL best. We need to get ourselves a quality key forward by packaging up our top pick (will most likely end up in the early 20s after FA compo picks are allocated) plus a player that is expendable but also of some worth on the trade table to either get a player from another club or get into the top 10 of next years draft. I don't know much about the depth of the 2014 Draft but I've heard the top-end is full of tall forwards.

I don't think we can  trade our end of first round compensation pick,

but lets draft a Jack Darling type with that pick.

It's all well and good wanting that key forward but we may want to improve on the delivery into our forward 50 first

It’s the chicken and the egg debate. Is the delivery into the forward fifty atrocious due to a dysfunctional forward line or is the forward line dysfunctional due to the delivery into the forward fifty?

It's the chicken and the egg debate. Is the delivery into the forward fifty atrocious due to a dysfunctional forward line or is the forward line dysfunctional due to the delivery into the forward fifty?

Should be pretty obvious that delivery into the forward line has been the constant when the forward line itself has been changed completely over the last 3-4 years.  No doubts at all that having better forwards means they lead to better spots & draw the play plus they can make poor delivery look better through outplaying opponents BUT its also very obvious that when the midfield is dominant, forward delivery is less of an issue.  No key forwards are carrying their sides scoring anymore & you need a spread of scorers.  When we struggle in the midfield we look to the forwards to pull us out the shyte & its never going to happen.  Against Carlton for example when we dominated the midfield it was barely noticable that we didn't have a key forward standout.  Against Collingwood, it didn't cost them the game to have Cloke dominated & White farely contained - their midfield had more stars & it was Swan & Sidebottom who were the difference.  

Want Carlisle to stay but ?

Carlisle - Dogs, we receive their first pick (3-5)

Chase Patton or Danger with that pick.

I wouldn't deal with those farkwits even if it were for the number 1 pick.

I don't even..

Wolf man...For shame!

For mine

Gone:

Browne, Jetta, Van Unen, Thurlow,

Resign:

Ashby, Daniher, Gleeson, Hmas, Hardingham, Hobberd, Hocking, Howlett, Winderlich, Zaharakis

Sign and Promote:

Ambrose, Steinberg

Resign as rookies:

Dell'Ollio, Rayner, Gregory (don't know anything about this one so cant dump him off)

Probable Retirements:

Fletcher

This would leave 5 spots to fill and I would put up Dempsey and pears for trade too.

For mine
Gone:
Browne, Jetta, Van Unen, Thurlow,
Resign:
Ashby, Daniher, Gleeson, Hmas, Hardingham, Hobberd, Hocking, Howlett, Winderlich, Zaharakis
Sign and Promote:
Ambrose, Steinberg
Resign as rookies:
Dell'Ollio, Rayner, Gregory (don't know anything about this one so cant dump him off)
Probable Retirements:
Fletcher
This would leave 5 spots to fill and I would put up Dempsey and pears for trade too.

I honestly don't know how you can have Browne in the "gone" category as he just re-signed for 2015 and yet keep and promote Steinberg and keep the likes of Dell'Olio. Plus get rid of Thurlow after we have barely seen him and hasn't had any time to develop or show anything.