Who wants to be a contract manager?

Veterans list 1/2 wage ?

Veterans list 1/2 wage ?

Not any more. It’s $100k, give or take, outside the cap for anyone whose been on the list for 10+ years. So I think that’s 2004 draft and earlier, ie Fletcher, Winderlich, Watson, Stanton. As an aside, they’re getting rid of the veterans list in 2017.

maybe some of the older guys are on more? bit of fun

Not bad, but we have 45 players on our entire list, not 44.

Hams is missing.

Is it 45 on a list these days?

On the above Carlisle is expect a fair pay increase!

Yep, he’s correct.

I’ve been confused on it a number of times. I read somewhere the other day that its 38 main listed & did sums on my take earlier on 43 players, & not so long ago I still thought it was 42.

For a minute in between though, I had it right in my mind at 40 … currently, & in our case 4 rookie A + Oirish.

38 is coming I think.

Interesting discussion, it shows how complex the list management /contracts are to manage,. Is it correct that contracts may also include match payments that would be in the cap? This would add another layer of complexity by not knowing who will receive match payments.
However If match payments are a standard figure, the total for the season would be able taken off before individual contacts are made. ( e.g. 24 games by 22 players by $2000 each, reduce cap available for contracts by just over $1mill.)

What this does show is that a player who forces a club to pay him more is directly reducing the wages of his team mates.

Scott Lucas on sen the other night described how clubs work with match payments.
Players are on base salaries or a combo with match payments. Most best 22 are on base only. If you have a lot of injuries, then the guys with base + match payments are getting games and require more $$.

At the start of the year, teams need to forecast to the AFL their expected payments which might be 98% or 102% (or other) of the cap. Teams can quite easily go over during the season due to multiple injuries. Contracts are always being juggled because of this

What is it with you guys and spreadsheets? Have you not learnt anything?

Scott Lucas on sen the other night described how clubs work with match payments. Players are on base salaries or a combo with match payments. Most best 22 are on base only. If you have a lot of injuries, then the guys with base + match payments are getting games and require more $$.

At the start of the year, teams need to forecast to the AFL their expected payments which might be 98% or 102% (or other) of the cap. Teams can quite easily go over during the season due to multiple injuries. Contracts are always being juggled because of this

Might explain some of our recent team selections.

maybe some of the older guys are on more? bit of fun

Decent attempt but it looks like you’ve sort of lined up our players from best to worst and just laid them out along the spectrum. It doesn’t work like that.

Bellcho would be way higher I think. Carlisle a bit more. Ambrose and Dalgliesh would be on similar pay packets I’d suspect.

I’d have Cooney Melk and Zakka on perhaps a bit higher, Fantasia a bit lower.

I’d hazard a guess that more players would be paid lower but the ‘marquees’ are quite higher.

Goddard’s under 700 isn’t he?

Also what round pick you were plays a part. Draftees have a base salary dictated by what round you are. Play most games, you’re not going to get a pay cut.

So do we have a large enough war chest if in fact we lose Carlisle and Bellchambers?

So do we have a large enough war chest if in fact we lose Carlisle and Bellchambers?
Between them they'd be close to a mill wouldn't they?
Between them they'd be close to a mill wouldn't they?

I’m not so sure. They want lots but were they on lots?

I thought Bellchambers was, Carlisle wasn’t.
Carlisle signed in early 2013 (he’d only really played 1 full season, albeit showed a bit). Bellcho signed late in the year after he’d had a pretty solid year.
Timing can play just as big a part as anything, you can understand why some goes hold out.