Who will be our interim captain for the upcoming season?

Bags and Goddard are the only two real options.

Agree. BJ to be the captain with Bags as his deputy. Be interesting to see who is elevated to the leadership group too.

Zaka has been dropped twice from the leadership group now. It would be a bad move in my opinion for him to assume a “titled” leadership position just because of this debacle. This should be like a year long interview to see how he responds. If he does everything a leader should without being a part of the leadership group, then next year perhaps. And hopefully many more after that.

It simply has to be Goddard for mine. He has been the unofficial spokesman for the last few years anyhow, give him the honour of captaincy. He’s earned it, and won’t let anyone down.

It should be Mark Baguley…he is an absolute warrior on the field…ruthless…perfect for the team spirit

Give it to Parish… Sink or swim kid

If you are saying Zaha you need your head checked.

Goddard by a mile. If he doesn’t want it then Baguley.

I think unofficially Goddard Has it. After Worsfold Basically anointed him today.
Baguley a VC
I think Zaka will be a VC as well
Merrett/Daniher & Dempsey round out the leadership group

Not sure the benefit of adding Brown/Gwilt/Leuneberger/Cooney/Bird to the leadership group as they have only been here 5 minutes. it wont stop them being onfield leaders though as they are experienced players

Everything points to it being Goddard

I don’t know a lot about Craig Bird. But he seems like the sort of guy who leads by example on the footy ground.

I’d have him in the leadership group for that, and his experience as a premiership player.

Not sure the benefit of adding Brown/Gwilt/Leuneberger/Cooney/Bird to the leadership group as they have only been here 5 minutes. it wont stop them being onfield leaders though as they are experienced players

Goddard was a leader at the club from the moment he stepped through the door. How long someone has been here isn’t particularly relevant if they have the necessary qualities, especially under the current circumstances.

Zaka has been dropped twice from the leadership group now. It would be a bad move in my opinion for him to assume a "titled" leadership position just because of this debacle. This should be like a year long interview to see how he responds. If he does everything a leader should without being a part of the leadership group, then next year perhaps. And hopefully many more after that.

It simply has to be Goddard for mine. He has been the unofficial spokesman for the last few years anyhow, give him the honour of captaincy. He’s earned it, and won’t let anyone down.

I detest this modern idea of a leadership group.

Our club was (I think) the last to adopt it as a practise and I hope they’re the first to drop it.

The club has one captain. That should be it. If it must, it names a vice-captain, just for coverage in case of injury.

Apart from that, the rest of the team are the rest of the team. They should all be contributing as their individual personalities, skill and knowledge allow.

To be publically anointed as part of some ‘leadership group’ just puts players in a strange position; one where there can be a fall from grace which perhaps isn’t warranted.

The way people are talking about Zaka now is rediculous. He wouldn’t have to go through this if we didn’t have the whole bullshit ‘leadership group’ thing.

This is one of many reasons I think a ‘Leadership Group’ (as opposed to a captain) lacks dignity.

I don't know a lot about Craig Bird. But he seems like the sort of guy who leads by example on the footy ground.

I’d have him in the leadership group for that, and his experience as a premiership player.

Only premiership player on the list. Makes a bit of sense.

I think people are missing the point on Goddard.

I think people are missing the point on Goddard.

Which is strange for a man who makes the point so well.

I thought Woosha was quite pointed in his naming of BJ.

Leadership group

Goodard, Bags, Cooney, Dempsey, Zaka.

I’d like to see Dempsey in the leadership group. He speaks well, without rancour and I reckon he’s got much to offer.

Leadership group

Worsfold, Goddard, Bags.

fixed

ps: Ben, who the fark is Goodard?

Should be Bags. Is the embodiment of all things awesome. Underrated.

Leadership group

Goddard, Bags, Tippa.

Fixed.