Why the clash jumper against Freo?

If we have to have a clash jumper I want the Tiwi Bombers jumper.  At least we still would be recognizable as the club we all love.  That silver/grey abomination should be retired with Vlad permanently !

Don't think I have seen it, what does it look like?.

Edit. Never mind, I just Googled it.  LIKE it a lot.

I think we should try out, red guernsey, black strip, black shorts .....

Tiwi bombers look ace!!

We wore four different guernseys on field last year.
Once they brought in the 'heritage' jumper, it all began.

actually i think it was getting approval on the seat belt jumper that forced our hand in relation to the clash strip. It's total bullshit.

Tiwi Bombers jumper .         http://s874.photobucket.com/user/nomadbass/media/TiwiBombers_zps7e23c26e.png.html

Clash jumpers still make me angry- another example of AFL bullying with no logical basis beyond saying "we are the AFL, end of argument".  Why do clubs wear clash jumpers so blatantly similar to their opposition? Melbourne's has a dominant white for playing against St Kilda!  If anyone felt the need to avoid a clash, they could just have gone back to their old lighter blue and red...anyway as set out by others, some clubs want new jumpers.  We don't.

Is there any hope of a change on this when the Impaler leaves? 

actually i think it was getting approval on the seat belt jumper that forced our hand in relation to the clash strip. It's total bullshit.

The yellow clash for cancer band also was an issue around 2006.

The bigger farce is that apparently collingwoods home jumper (predominantly black) clashes with North’s predominantly white jumper.

I really don't think it's fair getting ■■■■■■ at the club for this. They would have fought tooth an nail not to wear this. We know they did. They tried lesser options like fat sash and red shorts and it wasn't allowed. So they bowed because they had to but still called it a heritage jumper not a clash jumper.

If you are angry like me, get angry at the AFL. Red shorts COMPLETELY fixed the problem. Wankers.

I really don't think it's fair getting ■■■■■■ at the club for this. They would have fought tooth an nail not to wear this. We know they did. They tried lesser options like fat sash and red shorts and it wasn't allowed. So they bowed because they had to but still called it a heritage jumper not a clash jumper.

If you are angry like me, get angry at the AFL. Red shorts COMPLETELY fixed the problem. Wankers.

and looked full horn bag in the process

The Tiwi jumper is not & never was an option folks, and that had nothing to do with anyone but the club & it's constitution, in which it states

"The EFC strip will consist of a RED sash on a BLACK background", and all votes on changing the constitution were howled down.

For those that didn't know this, you'll notice thats why there are thin strips of black either side of the sash, before it turns ugly.

The theory on wearing the lighter color strip due to the heat was the one that came to my mind ... would probably reduce core temp by a degree or two I'd think, which is a lot in this situation, ..makes sense.

It's fair to get ■■■■■■ for the design being so ■■■■■■ ugly. It's not so fair to get ■■■■■■ for having an alternate jumper of any description.

I was surprised they wore the grey jumper against Freo.  Usually just the normal jumper and white shorts is enough against them.

But looking at the fixture, if they didn't wear it against Freo then it would only be worn against Richmond in R20 and maybe Port in R16?  They may be trying to get some mileage out of it given its the first year with ■■■■ Reynolds on it.

I'm all for a Tiwi Bombers style clash strip. But we need the AFL to realise that red is not dark colour.

The yellow clash for cancer band also was an issue around 2006.

remember when that was the worst thing we'd ever done

Red is a dark colour to me (colourblind) :frowning:

Does anyone know what % of guernsey sales goes to vlad and his mates?

Red is a dark colour to me (colourblind) :(

Damn... So what does our regular jumper look like to you? All black?

It's fair to get ■■■■■■ for the design being so ■■■■■■ ugly. It's not so fair to get ■■■■■■ for having an alternate jumper of any description.

What ■■■■■■ me off is Aussies talking about getting "■■■■■■", like Americans. Unless, of course, they mean "drunk", in which case it's perfectly acceptable. However, if they talk about "stepping up to the plate", ESPECIALLY in a cricket context, they want whipping. FULL STOP. No, I'm not on my "period".

Red is a dark colour to me (colourblind) :(

Hang on, what colour did Mark Mcveigh bleed then?

It’s absolutely ‘fair’ to have a go at EFC for insisting they wear the Grey Abomination against Freo.

THERE WAS NO CLASH.

HERE, NO CLASH.

It was ONLY done as a marketing ploy.

The AFL did not insist we wear it for this game.

The EFC should be criticized for this disgrace.