Why we are we being overrun?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Once again I find myself wishing you had to declare & verify your age to get onto Blitz, & that there then was an age filter that could be applied.

Is there any forum platform that does this? They’d have it made.

Nothing’s more boring than tit for tat cr@p like this.

Sadly that wouldn’t help. I’m plenty old enough to know better. Sorry.

He meant mental age.

I’m sure that would remove dozens as a result.

Hope not. I simply can't reconcile how watching 22 blokes chase a ball around for 2 hours every week is anything but childish, and given how little they've given back the last decade and a half, pig-headedly stubborn to boot. If we all had to be grown up and logical we wouldn't pay anywhere near as much attention to football!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
What's with the bickering this week, following the biggest win the club has had in, what, 13-14 years?

I’m just knocking off the preseason rust. Not match-thread hardened yet.

The lack of pre season hurt us all.

We beat hawks by 1 second and were fortunate they had 3 big outs. If we are to beat them in finals when they will probably field a stronger team then we must have overcome whatever the cause is for our fadeouts and inconsistency.

There were some plausible reasons provided in Round 1: lack of NAB games; sydney gamestyle (hurl’s reason); lack of belief; going defensive; interrupted preparation due to tribunal decision. I think the emotional energy spent early that week ie nervous energy then relief plus the lack of match practice explains the sydney fadeout. But it doesn’t explain why we went missing physically (run & lack of pressure around the ball) for an extended period against a depleted hawthorn.

We have a really good football team but we haven’t been consistent for 4 quarters for a long time. So far this year that trend has continued. We may never really know the reasons. You would expect the late start for all 34 players to benefit them come finals time.

Quoted Post

What's with the bickering this week, following the biggest win the club has had in, what, 13-14 years?

I’m just knocking off the preseason rust. Not match-thread hardened yet.

Quoted Post

Miserable ■■■■■

They don’t have a saga to ■■■■■ about so something has to suffice.

Should remove all lid onners and have a tea party with sunshine and daisies.

What’s with the bickering this week, following the biggest win the club has had in, what, 13-14 years?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Once again I find myself wishing you had to declare & verify your age to get onto Blitz, & that there then was an age filter that could be applied.

He meant mental age.

I’m sure that would remove dozens as a result.

This thread pre-amazing hawthorn win was interesting (to me) and a rational discussion.
Pevers obviously disagreed, which you need to have a robust discussion.

Since sunday it has been well, schite. Dodga was right, gurge/close

Nothing’s more boring than t!t for tat cr@p like this.

Wait… am I in the Cooney thread?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Wait... am I in the Cooney thread?

It’s been renamed the John Barnes thread. Keep up.

Oh, fair enough. I made the mistake of assuming that you saying that I was making up conspiracy theories meant that at some point I had made up conspiracy theories. Glad we cleared that up. Have a nice day.

no you are

I know you are but what am I

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
So basically it seems you all love the feeling of being 30+ points up, and then having that sick feeling as the lead evaporates in the space of 15 minutes?

As I said, it was an amazing win, made more amazing because we won despite the above.

I’m actually a pretty positive person when it comes to footy, I always think we are going to win before the game because we have a great side.

I don’t appreciate being labelled a miserable f*ck for acknowledging a pattern.

AFAIK this forum is for discussing footy, not shouting down people for having a thought.

i don’t think it was the pattern acknowledgment. I think it’s all the down in the dumps whinging about how things aren’t good enough and context free childlike demands that everything be better.

You know, basic miserable fuckishness

Then stay out of the thread and you won’t have to see it. MAGIC.

Who says I don’t want to see it? I like laughing at whinging people having 4 year old little whinges about why they’re sad. It’s a cathartic outlet for putting up with my own four year olds whinges about why there’s no ice-cream.

But following your logic, how about don’t watch football and you won’t have to see us not dominate every quarter and make up whingy conspiracy theories as to why we just aren’t as good as your imaginary version of us or why you don’t have any ice-cream right now. .

I’m intrigued now, what’s my conspiracy theory?

i’m not intrigued in the least

Edit: Pointless