Why we are we being overrun?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
So basically it seems you all love the feeling of being 30+ points up, and then having that sick feeling as the lead evaporates in the space of 15 minutes?

As I said, it was an amazing win, made more amazing because we won despite the above.

I’m actually a pretty positive person when it comes to footy, I always think we are going to win before the game because we have a great side.

I don’t appreciate being labelled a miserable f*ck for acknowledging a pattern.

AFAIK this forum is for discussing footy, not shouting down people for having a thought.

i don’t think it was the pattern acknowledgment. I think it’s all the down in the dumps whinging about how things aren’t good enough and context free childlike demands that everything be better.

You know, basic miserable fuckishness

Then stay out of the thread and you won’t have to see it. MAGIC.

Who says I don’t want to see it? I like laughing at whinging people having 4 year old little whinges about why they’re sad. It’s a cathartic outlet for putting up with my own four year olds whinges about why there’s no ice-cream.

But following your logic, how about don’t watch football and you won’t have to see us not dominate every quarter and make up whingy conspiracy theories as to why we just aren’t as good as your imaginary version of us or why you don’t have any ice-cream right now. .

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
So basically it seems you all love the feeling of being 30+ points up, and then having that sick feeling as the lead evaporates in the space of 15 minutes?

As I said, it was an amazing win, made more amazing because we won despite the above.

I’m actually a pretty positive person when it comes to footy, I always think we are going to win before the game because we have a great side.

AFAIK this forum is for discussing footy, not shouting down people for having a thought.

i don’t think it was the pattern acknowledgment. I think it’s all the down in the dumps whinging about how things aren’t good enough and context free childlike demands that everything be better.

Then stay out of the thread and you won’t have to see it. MAGIC.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I think it’s worth acknowledging the quality of the opposition.

it really is this simple.

Why are Hawthorn being overrun?..should be the new thread title.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Not sure if this question has already been asked (been away from this thread for a while):

Can anyone remember when we actually over-ran the opposition in the final quarter from a fair way back? I’m struggling to remember any of recent times. Maybe Collingwood Anzac day a few years back when Zacka kicked that goal?

Thought we did quite a few times in the 2013 season.

Also, even last year we came back from a while back against Hawks and Geelong and narrowly lost.

Correct look at both Carlton wins in 2013, aswell as the first West Coast game that season. Down at 3/4 time in all of those games, stormed home and won.

maybe its because we arent ‘half man, half beast’

I actually wasn’t enjoying it when we were up last week, because I knew it was inevitable that Hawthorn would fight back and I never felt comfortable.

Didn’t expect the comeback though, which is why I went ■■■■■■■ mental at the end!

Quoted Post

I think it’s worth acknowledging the quality of the opposition.

I guess if it’s still happening against the likes of Carlton and Collingwood then yes, it’s still a significant problem. Against the best of the best with an underdone preseason though… those side are always going to have a ping and step things up later in the game because they have the ability and belief that they can win despite most situations.

Going to take three on the trot premierships to make me even smile.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
the important thing is that we won against a good team, doesn't matter how, but we did, it wasn't some limp ■■■■ crawl over the line against the lions. fark you lot are miserable.

It is an eye opener how so many aren’t capable of being happy and positive. Have to find a negative. Miserable ■■■■■!

what they fail to acknowledge is that we got 5 goals plus up against both grand finalists and we are short of match practice. But hey we didnt win by 10 against each, because you know, any team can do that.

I’ll be happy when we win the premiership.

Wow- you must endure ongoing disappointment following this club. Hope everything's ok!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
the important thing is that we won against a good team, doesn't matter how, but we did, it wasn't some limp ■■■■ crawl over the line against the lions. fark you lot are miserable.

It is an eye opener how so many aren’t capable of being happy and positive. Have to find a negative. Miserable ■■■■■!

what they fail to acknowledge is that we got 5 goals plus up against both grand finalists and we are short of match practice. But hey we didnt win by 10 against each, because you know, any team can do that.

I’ll be happy when we win the premiership

I’d also be absolutely mortified if the club weren’t analysing some of the things mentioned in this thread just because we won

I concur that it was poor tactics not to have won by ten goals.
I honestly don’t see the downside in that.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Interestingly why aren’t you two taking your own advice and enjoying the win ? instead you need to be negative about peoples supposed negative views ?

Why can’t you let people have their opinions without being negative about them ?
Is it really such a bad thing people wanting the team to play a certain way that allows them to not rely so much on chance, and luck of the draw ?

Imagine the fear that could have been put into opposition clubs if we did win by 10 goals against either or both of the top 2 teams from last year ? Hell even 30-40 points.

Why is it such a bad thing to point out that certain things need to be fixed ? and that if they are we could be an even better team than the one you lot are creaming yourselves over now ?
That sorta makes your kinds viewpoint negative in that you’re limiting your thinking and expectations that this is as good as we can get, which is ultimately more negative than the people you’re bagging out.

what is the sound of one hand typing?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Interestingly why aren’t you two taking your own advice and enjoying the win ? instead you need to be negative about peoples supposed negative views ?

Why can’t you let people have their opinions without being negative about them ?
Is it really such a bad thing people wanting the team to play a certain way that allows them to not rely so much on chance, and luck of the draw ?

Imagine the fear that could have been put into opposition clubs if we did win by 10 goals against either or both of the top 2 teams from last year ? Hell even 30-40 points.

Why is it such a bad thing to point out that certain things need to be fixed ? and that if they are we could be an even better team than the one you lot are creaming yourselves over now ?
That sorta makes your kinds viewpoint negative in that you’re limiting your thinking and expectations that this is as good as we can get, which is ultimately more negative than the people you’re bagging out.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I agree… We need to open the saga thread again for a few I think.

You are completely correct for mine Pevers, it is 2015… We’re a different side to last year… Our forward line is better, our backline is better, our midfield are better.

The swans killed us at Etihad last year, pantsed us.

This time last year we were still wondering about the Hurley Carlisle switch, the new Carlisle- Daniher partnership… Who would support Jobe and hepps? Would hepps take the next step?

Well, our midfield is stronger, Joey and jake know each other’s game now, and Hurls and hooker are epic down back - that’s right, no need to rely on fletch any more.

So what if last years grand finalists came back against us. That’s why they are the best. We’ve had a crap pre season in every way possible… The usual niggling injuries to different players, the saga, and no practice matches. Their comebacks were not surprising, but not because it is some trend that is gripping us from 2014…

Just enjoy an amazing win against the top side, a rival and let the boys play. Let’s not rehash 2014 and see how far they can take us this year and see where we are at mid season and whether there are fade out or any other issues.

This year should be about believing in the players and the club- people who remember 1993 will know what it’s like to just enjoy the ride for what it is. Just enjoying the boys… It’s been too long.

Quoted Post

the important thing is that we won against a good team, doesn’t matter how, but we did, it wasn’t some limp ■■■■ crawl over the line against the lions. fark you lot are miserable.