Wim’s Occasional Guide to Melbourne Bars

I remember one night everyone was annoyed that the lift stopped at every floor up to the toilet. Half cut me propped myself up leaning on all the buttons. Slightly embarrassing

2 Likes

Basement Comedy Club at the European Bier Cafe.

Don’t let the name fool you, it’s a bar.
I’ve been to the rooftop before and it’s very pleasant, in a typical wood and chrome kind of way.
They do better than average bar snacks.

But it’s The Basement tonight. Randy and guests. They’ve got Arj Barker here soon.
It’s nice to have a comedy option in the CBD (The Comics Lounge is aaaaaall the way in North Melbourne).

2 Likes

Say hello to Karl who runs it. He’s a (very very vague) acquaintance.

Technically a bombers supporter. Technically. Loves to talk western Victorian regional towns.

1 Like

It was at one time the Wentworth hotel. I don’t know the history of the bar.

Nice bars in this one.

It’s missing shots of footballers outside of titty bars at 3am :rofl:(if they exist anymore?)

Hands down where?

1 Like

The neighbours are a bit rowdy.

3 Likes

I will hold yours while you drink your beer if you hold mine while I finish mine?

:laughing:

1 Like

Cherry Bar owner James Young (formerly the DJ James the Houndog Young on RRR) has bought the Reverence in Footscray. There are a good half dozen bars/pubs in Footscray worth a bit of a crawl. The Reverence isn’t up and running yet but does have a beer garden with a taco van; the crowd looks like it came out of the 80s St Kilda, all black. Can’t wait for it to open up properly with bands.

6 Likes

Star Trek

1 Like

Ahh the old pony, funnily enough used to be the golden triangle, ding dong-cherry-pony bars
De-borrrrrrrched nights were had!
The kitchen space is the old pony toilets, suffice to say will defo not be/do not recommend eating there!

4 Likes

Lol this one is the backpackers behind my work.
Good for a cheap Bev, but dindgey (spelling?) as

1 Like

Geez haven’t been to the Croft Institute in about 15 years, they had the bins near the entrance the night i went and the fkn smell of garbage has tarnished my memory of the place.

3 Likes

How much money do you have to have to be able to buy a pub these days?

As in the deposit for the bank?

Is Karl Wim?

ST:TNG :slight_smile:

(but I played that the most)

Oh dear…flashbacks to being a complete mess there. To think it’s now the kitchen…That’s as bad as the placement of the kitchen at Bimbo Deluxe.

(and yes to the Pony/DingDong/Cherry triangle…great times…)

5 Likes

The best men’s toilet in Melbourne is in the MCC committee room.

The urinal has been lined up directly with the wicket and has a window. You can have a splash and watch the bowlers arm (or a centre bounce).

3 Likes

I read that as “How much money do you have to have to be able to buy a beer these days”

1 Like

You get laughed at if you don’t present a red meal ticket for a beer?

1 Like