Windy Hill $50M redevelopment

You might need a nubrik

15 Likes

Everyone has their price.
Bowls club would only be agreeing on the proviso they are pretty much “looked after” forever

1 Like

bin

With cricket out the way this is the window to get Forum Footy to windy hill!

4 Likes

It’s in the article:

Probably 10 of the 20m for the 2nd stage will be for that f’ing bowls club :stuck_out_tongue:.

What a laugh. Do you really think the football club wanted to build the new complex at Windy Hill on about half the size of Tulla. They used the Bowls club as one of the reasons to move to tulla, to pacify those that were against the move and some people fell for it.

1 Like

Try all $20 million.
The “state of the art” bowls centre at Darebin cost $19 million, and that was a few years ago.

excellent, they’ve done this sort of redevelopment really well with Vic Park, it’s a great place to watch VFL and have a beer (said through gritted teeth).

4 Likes

Mooney Valley council just need to sort out the parking at Windy Hill. Absolute nightmare of a spot for parking.

6 Likes

true, it’s terrible.

Well, there’s also the fact that he’s an ardent and lifelong Essendon supporter. And also the best stadium architect in the country. But if you prefer the corruption explanation, you go for it.

Very good point!

If they are going to rip them up, it would be nice if I could collect it and bring it home, but I don’t like my chances of it being in one piece. I don’t think they will be delicate with them.

Some parking is proposed under the southern building as part of these works. But if you’re expecting a huge multi-deck car park blotting out the sun… yeah nah.

Can we park on the median strips in the surrounding streets like the good old days?

1 Like

NO.

Do you need more time to consider?

NO :slight_smile:

1 Like

Park at Essendon station, 5 minute walk. Never even bothered to try and park at Windy Hill itself.

2 Likes

Catch the train. Essendon Station with the Royal Hotel are only a short walk; and Aberfeldie Station is even closer.

You think parking at Windy Hill has only become a problem now. In 1970 when there were crowds of 30,000 for games vs the Filth, there was no parking. But we managed.

5 Likes

Are the pokies going as part of this?