Wise in Foresight- #1 Pick Time Capsule

Every time I turn the tap on to wash a spoon it splashes back on me, and I realise straight away that it always does that.

Carry on.

Every time I turn the tap on to wash a spoon it splashes back on me, and I straight away that it always does that.

Carry on.

It’s not the spoon splashing, it’s the little man trapped in it spitting at you.

I will leave it to the Essendon recruiters not the so call experts on Bomberblitz here. In reality It is not what you want, it is what the club wants. I have confidence in Dodoro and his recruiting team. I have to laugh about some of the comments from experts on here. One member is even praying to GOD “I dont want this player”. For f**k sake GET REAL.

Setterfield (on gut feel), slightly ahead of McCluggage (my head’s choice). Reckon the best player order (of the top rated prospects, since someone rated lower will always end up in the top handful) will end up;

1. Setterfield (by a whisker)
  2. McCluggage
  3. SPS
  4. Bowes
  5. Ainsworth
  6. McGrath
  7. Taranto
  8. Brodie
    Think it’ll be pretty close between all…except whoever Carlton choose.
Setterfield (on gut feel), slightly ahead of McCluggage (my head's choice). Reckon the best player order (of the top rated prospects) will end up; 1. Setterfield (by a whisker) 2. McCluggage 3. SPS 4. Bowes 5. Ainsworth 6. McGrath 7. Taranto Think it'll be pretty close between all...except whoever Carlton choose.

It’s hard to say with Taranto. Sometimes I think he will be the best out of the lot. Other times, not so sure.
Will be interesting looking back to this year.

Setterfield (on gut feel), slightly ahead of McCluggage (my head's choice). Reckon the best player order (of the top rated prospects) will end up; 1. Setterfield (by a whisker) 2. McCluggage 3. SPS 4. Bowes 5. Ainsworth 6. McGrath 7. Taranto Think it'll be pretty close between all...except whoever Carlton choose.

It’s hard to say with Taranto. Sometimes I think he will be the best out of the lot. Other times, not so sure.
Will be interesting looking back to this year.

Watch his last 3 games. So ■■■■■■■ irresistible. The boy has Hird/Voss (IMO) written all over him.

You can pick up an ‘Andrew McGrath’ in any draft.

There’s only one McCluggage and that type of player doesn’t come around that often.

I will leave it to the Essendon recruiters not the so call experts on Bomberblitz here. In reality It is not what you want, it is what the club wants. I have confidence in Dodoro and his recruiting team. I have to laugh about some of the comments from experts on here. One member is even praying to GOD "I dont want this player". For f**k sake GET REAL.
Hilarious!
1 Like

I don’t often make statements about who we should pick. The last time I made my opinion known it was to speak loudly for the drafting of Cyril Rioli. I will never forgive Knights for that.

I always have faith in the selection committee, cause they know more about this stuff tahn me.

I very strongly want them to take McLuggage.

Where’s the ‘I reserve the right to complain, whoever gets chosen’ option?

Where’s the ‘I reserve the right to complain, whoever gets chosen’ option?

You get that by default when you sign up to Blitz.

Clugg

Taranto

But I think McG will be better than McC

McCluggage. The real experts say that statistically he has had one of, if not the most dominant seasons ever at TAC cup level. He is not a man child that has monstered his opponents, in fact just the opposite, he is the 90 pound weakling that is supposed to get sand kicked in his face, yet time and time again he beats his opponent. His vision in close is exceptional and is complemented by his delivery by hand. One thing that absolutely stood out for me was how clean his possessions are. I just don’t recall seeing him two grab at a ball. Add to this he appears to be a genuine gut runner who also has a decent turn of pace. Last but not least, his vision and disposal by foot is top notch. This is a tremendously strong midfielders draft from what we can see, and he has clearly been the best of the lot all year. This is a no brainer, take the kid that has led the pack all year.

Just trying to understand if a busy bloke like X Campbell would really travel 3+ hours to south warnambool to visit a kid we were not taking.

I know he was involved with the McGrath meeting too but it just seems a little abnormal.

Adrian and the guys have done a wonderful job keeping whoever we take a mystery.

Just trying to understand if a busy bloke like X Campbell would really travel 3+ hours to south warnambool to visit a kid we were not taking.

I know he was involved with the McGrath meeting too but it just seems a little abnormal.

Adrian and the guys have done a wonderful job keeping whoever we take a mystery.

What if the final decision was made after the Clug meeting not before it? The no.1 pick is one of the most significant on field investments in the club’s history, so I wouldn’t think Xavier would be too busy to meet the top 2 or 3 contenders.

What if the final decision was made after the Clug meeting not before it? The no.1 pick is one of the most significant on field investments in the club’s history, so I wouldn’t think Xavier would be too busy to meet the top 2 or 3 contenders.

Fair point.

Hypothetically, how would you read it if a decision had already been made before the meeting despite what is being reported in the press?

Fair point.

Hypothetically, how would you read it if a decision had already been made before the meeting despite what is being reported in the press?

That’d mean Xavier Campbell tagged along to meet our no.1 draft pick! Unless Luggage made a bad impression, which is doubtful because he seems like a pretty good kid. I’m personally not getting attached to anyone until they’re wearing red and black.

Fair point.

That’d mean Xavier Campbell tagged along to meet our no.1 draft pick! Unless Luggage made a bad impression, which is doubtful because he seems like a pretty good kid. I’m personally not getting attached to anyone until they’re wearing red and black.

Very wise. I try to do that but the problem is I always get attached.

Cluggage because he kicks goals and we desperately need more goals