Wise in Foresight- #1 Pick Time Capsule

McGraggagefield

McCluggage

I’d go Taranto but have full confidence Dodoro and co will get us a gun. These guys watch and research these guys for a living and nobody on here could possibly no more about these kids than them

I’d prefer McCluggage. Won’t be upset if we choose McGrath though.
Anyone outside of those two and I’d be very critical if they struggle to reach 150 games.

If we overlook Venables at 20 and he’s there, I’d be very annoyed.

CLUGG. Never in doubt.

Setterfield bandwagon (but stoked with clug, mcgrath, and even taranto or bowes)

Clugg for mine. I just rewatched the ‘allstars’ game. It is interesting that there hasn’t been any footy since then to change anyones mind - outside of the combine of course. Shifter and the other experts don’t refer to McGrath as a potential number 1 at all during the telecast. What has changed since then? Combine, interviews?

I want the Clug, will be happy with McGrath, but think that Ainsworth could end up being the best of the crop if he has the discipline. Robbie Gray / Gaz Jnr like

I went with McLuggage along with the majority here. Can’t see us not going with McGrath though, safer option, fits the list needs, can play anywhere. Won’t be devastated either way, hope Blitz will be the same.

Just trying to understand if a busy bloke like X Campbell would really travel 3+ hours to south warnambool to visit a kid we were not taking.

I know he was involved with the McGrath meeting too but it just seems a little abnormal.

Adrian and the guys have done a wonderful job keeping whoever we take a mystery.

What if the final decision was made after the Clug meeting not before it? The no.1 pick is one of the most significant on field investments in the club’s history, so I wouldn’t think Xavier would be too busy to meet the top 2 or 3 contenders.

Fair point.

Hypothetically, how would you read it if a decision had already been made before the meeting despite what is being reported in the press?

That’d mean Xavier Campbell tagged along to meet our no.1 draft pick! Unless Luggage made a bad impression, which is doubtful because he seems like a pretty good kid. I’m personally not getting attached to anyone until they’re wearing red and black.

Essendon would never waste anybody’s time by interviewing them after a decision has been made.

Welcome to Essendon, pick 1: James Hird

Engage the McCluggage!

I will be digging up and quoting this post in the next few years when McCluggage wins a Norm Smith for someone else if we pass on him.

I don’t for a second think McGrath will be a bad player. But we NEED to pick McCluggage.

I also have a strong feeling we won’t.

Time is a traveller
Setterfield saddler turn your head

Only #1 sleep to go. I better pack my (McC)Luggage

Setterfield. Reckon the kid will be inside/outside class.

Oh and SPS has more potential than Ainsworth. Another call for future reflection.

Just trying to understand if a busy bloke like X Campbell would really travel 3+ hours to south warnambool to visit a kid we were not taking.

I know he was involved with the McGrath meeting too but it just seems a little abnormal.

Adrian and the guys have done a wonderful job keeping whoever we take a mystery.

What if the final decision was made after the Clug meeting not before it? The no.1 pick is one of the most significant on field investments in the club’s history, so I wouldn’t think Xavier would be too busy to meet the top 2 or 3 contenders.

Fair point.

Hypothetically, how would you read it if a decision had already been made before the meeting despite what is being reported in the press?

Due diligence. Even if they had settled they still needed due diligence.

I wouldn’t read anything in Xavier’s presence either. He should be there, as a potential employee there are things that should be talked about beyond coaching philosophy and expectations, such as club values, culture add direction that are important. Those are questions for the X man.

Mc Grath, if it where my choice but not by much, they go about it in totally different ways, are different players, splitting the two is very difficult. His aggressive and daring game style suits the modern game, he beets his man AND creates a lot of play himself. I see him as the more flexible player, and a great leader.

Mclug is silky, a little cleaner with the ball, but not as hard at it. He is an outside mid who reads the game extremely well, and also fills a need. Yes, I see his contested possession count. But the stats don’t tell the full story. He gets his contested possessions by reading the ball when it spills from the pack, he gets in close enough for it to count as a contested pos, but doesn’t win the hard ball very often. Mainly because he doesn’t have to at u18 level. He is not an in and under type, but thats not to say he wont be.

If the recruiters pick Mclug I will be more then happy. I just don’t see one as a clear fave over the other.

Time is a traveller Setterfield saddler turn your head

Oh man, I was saving that up for Friday night in case we picked him.
You beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Time is a traveller Setterfield saddler turn your head

Oh man, I was saving that up for Friday night in case we picked him.
You beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

If we pick him will GWS match?

Clugg. He doesn’t need to be looking at the goals but it consistently finds its way through.