Wise in Foresight- #1 Pick Time Capsule

You want team lifting inspiration then you can’t go past McGrath.

Luggage as he has the higher ceiling and is the attacking mid we need. He can sit and develop in the VFL until he demands selection with no pressure to be in the senior side initially.

I’ve got a sneaky feeling we are going to bid on Setterfield, its Dodoro’s talk about ticking all the boxes and modern footballers, sounds like Setterfield to me, a Bont clone.

However GWS will almost certainly match and we are back to square one, I Want McC but think it will be McG whatever happens I will be happy its a great if somewhat nerve wracking position to be in.

I like McGrath’s consistency but worry about his upside.
I like McCluggage’s fluidity but worry he could turn out like a Tambling.
I voted to leave it to Jackets.

I reckon if we pick Setterfield we will get him. I think we only do that if it’s clear he would otherwise come to us in 2 years anyway. And GWS would cut their losses now.

Its really splitting hairs… But IMO we cannot go past McClugg… He is coming off a limited preseason and still in contention to be #1… imagine if he had a full preseason… legit gun

Really want McC but am resigned to us picking up McG, who will be a good player I have no doubt.

Clug can score with his eyes closed.
(but i wish he’d stop doing that)

Never been less excited about a draft. With Pick 1 we can’t win. No more crowing about how our top pick is a steal and Carlton farked up etc. This time, unless we pick the single best player in the entire draft (which I don’t think has ever happened at Pick 1), then Blitz is going to chuck a tanty for a ■■■■■■■ decade.

Want McLuggage, would be happy with McGrath. If we don’t get one of these 2 I’ll be disappointed. McLuggage is such a mouth watering prospect, but then so is McGrath! It feels like Christmas Eve!

Setterfield. If gws match then clugg. Personally I think clugg,setter and McGrath will all turn into superstars so can’t really go wrong at this point.

Never been less excited about a draft. With Pick 1 we can't win. No more crowing about how our top pick is a steal and Carlton farked up etc. This time, unless we pick the single best player in the entire draft (which I don't think has ever happened at Pick 1), then Blitz is going to chuck a tanty for a ■■■■■■■ decade.

That will be very slight compensation for the last four years of crap we have been dealt.

Nick reiwoldt was a pick 1 iirc. Surely he is the best player from that year.

And if you exclude jobe (seeing as he was taken father/son), Goddard was the standout in his draft year too.

Christmas, pffffttt

And if you exclude jobe (seeing as he was taken father/son), Goddard was the standout in his draft year too.

Nearly all of the time Pick 1 doesn’t end up being the best player. This is the reality.

Nearly all of the time Pick 1 doesn’t end up being the best player. This is the reality.

Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer another 3 exceptions. Clearly the best players in their years.

Could all of you stop bringing facts to this argument? Sheesh

I

That is not the point of this thread. The point is; who would YOU select at #1. There are other threads to discuss other issues

Setterfield: 16 tackles, 9 clearances 13 contested possessions in a TAC final. Will only get better.