WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

Hirdys points from last nights game on his Podcast

• what a first quarter! 38-1 quarter time
  • they won contest, went inside 50 (forget about winning ball in the defensive half)
  • yes eagles had 2 best forwards out.
  • Bombers are back!
  • Style of footy was entertaining, harlem globe trotters mark 2
    Made sure west coast had no opportunity to get there defensive pressure and forwardline in to play.
    Next 2-3 weeks are massive for bombers - North, Pies, Suns, Swans,
  • Merrett, Heppell sensational , Goddard exceptional, McGRath & langford good,
  • Dodoro recruitment of Smith, Saad and strigner was sensational. 3 of them have taken time, not so much Devon Smith but have all been good recruits for the bombers. They are akk influential players, attacking half back, inside mid and dominant type forward. Bringing those 3 in would ahve changed team dynamic, even within the locker room.
    Bombers havent had a good year, but that win was a springboard towards the end of the year,
  • Essendon dominated around the ground. Full Credit to Worsfold and his team.
  • Essendon are moving towards a 2018 style of football.
  • They have a highly talented list, its still a tough ask to challenge from here.
  • Last night was exceptional.
  • Bellchambers is a character, and has enormous self confidence, he backs himself, he controlled contest and stopped natanui juumping over him and gave his players first use of ball.

Q Why eagles get double free kicks

• Umpires are biased towards other teams against Essendon, we get a bad run against the umpires every week. (Tongue in cheek - Umpire ambassador)
25 Likes

I love how Bags keeps getting under the opposition’s guard up forward, especially early in games. Has been a great move.

6 Likes

Huh? Carlton Draught is from CUB (Carlton & United Breweries).

Well well

I can’t believe it. I was sitting with zero Essendon supporters, no one to high 5, and do you know how good it was to watch all them arseholes have the most glum looks on their faces while I cheered and celebrated every goal? They were never in it. That first quarter was the best quarter of footy I’ve seen live in a long, long time. Probably ever all things considering. How good were saad and McKenna off half back? How good was the string early? How good was BJs kicking? I’m sure this has all been said. Words literally cannot describe what that win means to me, I rate it very, very high in the wins I’ve seen. All of us WA supporters deserved that.

Beating the eagles here is very, very rare. We beat them here in 2014 but before that I have no idea when we last beat them? Few and far between, so I made the most of it and got absolutely blind at the Camfield with @Houli_Dooley and @smooth then at crown and rolled in home at about 3. Oh yeah, I also collected $700. Had $100 @ 3.90 and I also had $20 on us to win by under 39 into Denmark v AUS being a draw at $15.50. Easy money!

I promised my mate if we got up I’d tip a beer over my head sticks style. Check the little girls face. Priceless. I’m gonna get a pizza, watch the replay and hammer it into my west coast mates all day

124 Likes

I would have immensely. Had to turn it down though as I had to go to USA.

My record is perfect - only times EFC wins in WA is when I am out of the country. :frowning:

1 Like

That pic made my day. Cheers WOB.

4 Likes

I have it on good authority @westozziebomber showered himself in one.

2 Likes

Ah crap he beat me lol.

4 Likes

Outstanding.

Wob is a dead ringer for LP from run the jewels.

1 Like

I turned off the game at 3QTR time in favour of the Socceroos. Couldn’t stand to watch the West Coast players flop around and have the umpires be all to willing to buy into it - so I decided to watch soccer instead. Caught up with the last quarter on the way to work. Brilliant. Some random observations:

• Saad was good. Like, really, really, ridiculously good. His run and carry gets all the plaudits (as it should) but his kicking is a serious weapon (and penetrating!). Combine the two and he is so regularly able to carry the defensive zone - this is so important in modern football. Similar comments re Conor, though Saad was clearly the standout yesterday.

• Goddard doesn’t have too long left in the game (end of next year would be my guess), but if someone could have his leg surgically attached to one of our younger players (cue Heather Mills), that would be great. There is still no better kick in our team. Doubt there will be for a while.

• The names Mitch Brown and Matthew Dea wouldn’t fill anyone with a ton of inspiration (I wouldn’t expect) but geez they can be good role players. Brown worked his ■■■■ off last night. Continually provided an option up the ground, great stuff. Dea is exactly what we needed when Bags went forward (and seems to be prone to less errors than Bags).

• Smith, no words. We don’t deserve him.

• Bellcho has a real habit of taking it to the best ruckmen in the comp. I’ve been critical of his hardness at times but perhaps it is time to start acknowledging him as one of the best ruckman in the comp?

• Tippa looked like Tippa again. Those effortless side steps to avoid a player are poetry. It won’t be, but that goal he kicked should be up there for goal of the year - he runs through a pack at pace, wins a hard ball, runs away from the goal and then towards the boundary line, and then from 40/45 away slots it from the boundary by spinning it away from the goal. Ridiculous.

• Zac and Langford both deserve a shout as both were really good. Great vision and execution on the kick into 50.

• We obviously did all the damage last night in the first quarter and a half, but I was pretty impressed with our ability to grind for the rest of the game. The umpires were doing their best to even it up (particularly that patch in the third when I reckon about 8 forward entries in a row came directly from free kicks) but we just stuck at it and didn’t let them kick quick goals until the game was dead. Backline was immense.

• The bad: Green’s game was perhaps the most droppable performance of an Essendon player this year - he goes for Colyer. McKernan played his good game on his first game back in the team (who would have thought?) and has done very little since - surely Stewart inline for a recall at his expense.

9 Likes

Their arms were tired in the 4th

1 Like

Fundamentally disagree, we most certainly do deserve him after the shyte the AFL put us through.

2 Likes

That photo is just begging to become a viral meme sensation.

3 Likes

Midway through the second, BJ grabs the ball and braces for contact from two WCE players. Wrestles the arms free and fires out a handball.

I haven’t seen anyone at Essendon play like that since 2001.

5 Likes

Fair to say, that it is your birth right!!

1 Like

Bunch of commies

1 Like

that lowkey looks disgusting.

1 Like

hahahah that kids face.

you should get it printed out on a tshirt and wear it to the next WC game over there, imagine the response if they won again.

1 Like

this was a great prediction

3 Likes