Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Lol, him and Myers will still have playing contracts in 2022

4 Likes

Rewarded for Failure: An Essendon Story.

We are not a disgrace from the bottom up we are a disgrace FROM THE TOP DOWN. Playing injured players who should NOT have been playing. All the talk about family first when Connor was going him to Ireland - Hooker should NOT have been playing either. Where is this club’s moral compass.

1 Like

It looks like we aren’t going to win another game, and made the final what does it do for Worsfold as coach, they should sack him after the feo games

Joey isn’t the answer either

Jury out on him I would consider a trade for him clearly at the best deal for EFC

1 Like

seems to be a return to the normalcy of half of last year and the start of this season.

If fantasia and hooker are both carrying injury and need an operation at the end of the season, why do Worsfold keep on playing them if they’re not fit it doesn’t make any sense

2 Likes

because he thinks we need them to make the finals so plays them.

1 Like

Add Heppell as well.

It will be very, very interesting what Worsfold say’s next week when we cop another drubbing at the hands of Freo. 3 weeks in a row. It will have to be the end of him, surely.

Why wait. Sack him now and we win next week

4 Likes

This club wouldn’t have even considered sacking him

All we will here all week is:

We are disappointed in our performance
It’s not the way we want to play
We are sticking to the processes
It’s all about learning and improving
We are all committed to being the best
It’s my first year
The players will come out with “ we can’t wait to put things right”

He was sacked

It was a planned exit, sacking it may be (is) but it was still planned. It’s just the polite way to say it.

So obviously their injury is not important but making finals is more important. Of course it is.

Thanks William Wallace

1 Like

Absolutely this,

Our president and his AFL compliant Board set the tone that permeates the club. On the being nice and compliant they rank high on the scale. Being ruthless and successful they are a failure. Next year will be 20 years since we won a premiership. That is pathetic for a club that prides itself on having won the most premierships.

We hear about our financial position, our new training facility but maybe the Board need to be reminded that premierships mean money into the club, bigger sponsors knocking on our door etc. So many might say that Xavier Campbell has done a wonderful job given our financial position. But Essendon has always been an affluent club with a very influential coterie group which provides a significant input financially.

And where the financial position of the club is solid the success of the football team has regressed. I have commented many times on what I see as an inferior medical and fitness department. In the last few weeks we have seen a severely hobbled Fantasia, Heppel and Hooker on the field for no benefit to the team whatsoever. I thought the AFL, the clubs and their medical departments had a duty of care towards the players. Not sure that allowing footballers to play a demanding, physical game like football is in the end going to improve their fitness status, especially where the players look like having surgery over the summer.

I am not a Worsfold fan for many of the reasons already raised on Blitz by others so I’ll leave him alone for now.

I might be stealing someone’s thunder here but recruiting has really been a big weakness for the club. I will provide you with this set of numbers. My understanding is that Adrian Dodoro has been head of recruiting since 1998 (20 years). Let’s consider how we might measure the success of any recruiter. Can I suggest this: how many players each club has recruited that have gained All Australian recognition during their career.

Would it surprise anyone that Essendon ranks last with 7 AAs, which includes Jobe and JD, both father/sons. Essendon has 4 less than the second last successful clubs in Melbourne and Carlton. Our strategy of recruiting flankers and trying to turn them into mids has been a catastrophic failure.

To unseat the President and Board there needs to be an alternate ticket. Continued failure by the club will certainly give rise to discontent amongst the members, the influential supporters and coteries, as well as sponsors. I don’t see any leadership from the club at all. All I see is mediocrity - from the top down.

10 Likes

Yes but we were generally still holding the opposition within reach until we did play our good qtr or half.

Last night we didn’t play a good qtr or half and we couldn’t hold them to a reasonable score. It was much different

We were letting them get out to leads of 30 ish points a lot of times. Our ability to put a stop to a run of opposition goals is terrible, and it really peaked last night