World Boomerang Competition , Germany 2016

Yep, give flickr the flick! And any other site that plays the same ■■■■■■ control freak games.

In the interim, snip or screenshot, upload, post new url, thus …

http://s31.postimg.org/vehi7i2yj/image.jpg

Only seen the scores from the first three events (of five for the day) but we were in sixth overall at that time (of seventeen; albeit one is a junior team) and did OK in the last two as well.

The only big error/overly bad result was in Relay, when two of our throws were called short and therefore we were slow to finish and finished eleventh.

I threw in Maximum Time Aloft (35 seconds), not in Accuracy (good call) or Relay (should have!!!), then did an OK round of Trick Catch/Doubling, and finished doing SuperCatch.

I think the reigning champions, the Japanese, may have their nose in front after a good SuperCatch effort.

Two more days of team comp to go.

Scores up. It’s a bunch of five elite elites at the top (Swiss 13, Japan 16, USA1 17, Boomergang (mixed international team) 17.5, and Germany1 on 20.5

Back a bit are another tight bunch of six teams (USA2, Aus, Germany2, France1, Germany3, and France2). Come at us, bros.

The other six teams form a third bunch much further back.

(If Australia actually ever got their six best throwers in one team they’d be elite elite and I’d be out of a job.)

Hundreds of photos and videos, including not particular exciting footage of me catching my MTA throw during SuperCatch, at:

England : Invents Cricket: Rarely wins world championship
England : Invents Rugby: Rarely wins world championship
England : invents Field Hockey: rarely wins world championship.
England : Invents Tennis : English players rarely win.
England : Invents Croquet: No one gives a ****

Australia: Invents Boomerang throwing : Our heritage as an English colony comes back to haunt us.

Boom! Aussies throw 2 minutes 6 seconds to set new world record for Maximum Time Aloft Relay.

Then USA1 get 2:09. Bastardos.

That might move us up to sixth place overall.

Normal relay starting now: I may not get a throw till late today. I should be throwing in this, I reckon >:)

Boom! Aussies throw 2 minutes 6 seconds to set new world record for Maximum Time Aloft Relay.

Then USA1 get 2:09. Bastardos.

That might move us up to sixth place overall.

Normal relay starting now: I may not get a throw till late today. I should be throwing in this, I reckon >:)

Go for it mate !

The point was the captain didn’t reckon similarly…

Meanwhile, USA1 continue to moan and protest about everything, as usual.

What started with a virtual World Record for us went sour most of the day till our final throw when Aus Champ Grant Perry went full Fark Carlton and threw his light MTA into a stiff breeze. He then ran perhaps 350 metres to catch it 70 seconds later (the longest of the 68 throws in this event by a long way) and we probably tripled our overall score in that one go. Dragged us from near-last to mid-pack.

We ran a bit late today so we will hold Aussie Round (perfect throw goes out at least fifty metres and returns for the catch in the 2m throwing circle) tomorrow morning on the “rain day”. That should be one of our good events: we have three top throwers for that event. I might be the fourth thrower; we will determine that during practice.

The point was the captain didn't reckon similarly...

Every time they throw, you guys should stand behind them, softly repeating, “Trump, Trump Trump Trump”

If that doesn’t distract them, put in a protest of your own, coz they clearly be robots.

The point was the captain didn't reckon similarly...

Adjudicators need to have a red card or 50 metre penalty system. That might shut them up.

On the “rain day” we have just done Aussie Round and Tapir Terror Relay (a mix of Accuracy, Trick Catch, and Fast Catch).

I was the fourth man for Aussie Round and in light swirly wind I got a decent 74/100 with a 40m rang (as I was not throwing 50m range, my maximum possible score was 90). The four of us got 276 combined points and that got us fourth spot for the 17 teams, and crucially extended our lead on the teams directly below us.

Tapir Terror Relay is a new event that we were sadly under-trained for: the key requirement being fast Trick Catch rangs, which is the very opposite of the ones I make!

We finished in around 4:44 (I was judging elsewhere after breaking my preferred rang during warmup), which I suspect is a middling result.

Four events left tomorrow (Team Endurance, Team Relay, Aussie Round again, and of course SuperCatch). Get reasonable times in the first two, and then look to win the last two.

On the "rain day" we have just done Aussie Round and Tapir Terror Relay (a mix of Accuracy, Trick Catch, and Fast Catch).

I was the fourth man for Aussie Round and in light swirly wind I got a decent 74/100 with a 40m rang (as I was not throwing 50m range, my maximum possible score was 90). The four of us got 275 combined and that got us fourth spot for the 17 teams, and crucially extended our lead on the teams directly below us.

Tapir Terror Relay is a new event that we were sadly under-trained for: the key requirement being fast Trick Catch rangs, which is the very opposite of the ones I’ve made!

We finished in around 4:44 (I was judging elsewhere after breaking my preferred rang during warmup), which I suspect is a middling result.

Four events left tomorrow (Team Endurance, Team Relay, Aussie Round again, and of course SuperCatch). Get reasonable times in the first two, and then look to win the last two.

Keep going DJR , remember to play your role, and play every one of the 4 days with the same intensity, the way the coach wants you to play.
Thanks for the descriptions , except the terminology is even more arcane than "elementary " particle physics.

I hope the food has changed in Germany mate. When I lived there the food was so boring. Every day in the work food hall, wurst, kartoffel and sauerkraut and ■■■ the cheap sweet whites they grow beside the Rhine and Moselle. Its no wonder they drink mostly beer

A pretty clear explanation* of most of the events is at:

http://boomerang.org.au/wp/articles/boomerang-competition-events/

• well, I wrote it so I think so
A pretty clear explanation* of most of the events is at:

http://boomerang.org.au/wp/articles/boomerang-competition-events/

• well, I wrote it so I think so

Yes, I forgot. I read this last year, its all coming back to me now.

France 1 must have done a good round of Tapir Terror Relay, as they are back ahead of us again: 87 ranking points to 87.5!

The two of us have pretty much dropped the bunch of four teams that were close behind us earlier.

Pretty sure we haven’t beaten France since at least 2002.

USA1 now pretty much have to stuff up badly in at least one of the last four events not to win… Second to fifth is almost a dead heat though.

Video of me and current Aus champ Grant Perry doing our last Aussie Round throw at:

Note how I ensure my feet are in the more inner circle while I take the catch, thereby getting me extra accuracy points. I wasn’t sure I’d done that, hence the raised arms when Günter announced it (4 for distance, 4 for the catch, 8 for accuracy).

I was the one who the commentator notes caught in the very centre the throw before.

The rang was going perhaps 47 metres out. I will try to tweak it the 3 extra metres but don’t want to lose the accuracy in doing that.

Your making me wish I was there watching, drinking fine German Ale in european Summer sunshine.

Had no idea how much went into the whole comp.

Keep up the good work David.

The Poms just schooled us at pool. They’re a lot better at that than throwing :slight_smile:

I fluked four shots in a row to beat the Dutch Bomber, though.