World Boomerang Competition , Germany 2016

No wind during warm-up, then it starts blowing thirty seconds into our run before dying for the next team. Dem’s da breaks, looks like we got some chasing to do in Relay, Aussie Round and SuperCatch.

Much more wind today than the other mornings; makes a big difference.

England : Invents Cricket: Rarely wins world championship England : Invents Rugby: Rarely wins world championship England : invents Field Hockey: rarely wins world championship. England : Invents Tennis : English players rarely win. England : Invents Croquet: No one gives a ****

Australia: Invents Boomerang throwing : Our heritage as an English colony comes back to haunt us.

England flings us at most of those things at the moment.

Someone on our team with the initials Matt Barker is a moron. Singlehandedly destroyed us in the final leg of Relay just then, continually throwing short/dropping/not knowing the rules. Now we have the opportunity to charge down the overall ladder.

Aussie Round and SuperCatch left.

Sheiße!

Down to five throwers after a quad injury to our oldest (but very good) thrower, top-up John Flynn.

Not as bad as a nasty hamstring to the Spirgmeister, Swiss super rocket Stéphane Spirgi, as he raced back to the gate in the relay.

Let me revise that summary: he’s an Elite Elite moron.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I’m out.

Warming up for Aussie Round, first throw in tricky conditions was a perfect return to the middle. I turn to catch and captain Grant runs through me. No concussion but niiiiiice cut under eyelid, blood everywhere, and black eye to come.

The good news is Grant and my replacement, Giossia, seemed to be absolutely tearing it up, by far the best on the circle so far.

If our two old fogies (legends) on the second circle are doing similarly… WE’RE GONNA WIN.

Three teams (six throwers) were warming up on our circle at the time, so it can get congested…

Waiting for review by one of the German throwers (one-time world champ and a doctor) on whether stitches are needed

Sheezuz … who would have thought, that sounds a bit brutal. Is this the Injury games??

Full contact Boomerang throwing. I farking like it!

Go DJR. (The chicks will dig the stitches, mate, don’t worry)

Apparently we won Aussie Round today, and maybe overall too. Looking for confirmation.

No stitches, but it was deep.

Whoooooooooooooo… we won Aussie Round and overall equal first!!!

(USA1 beat us by 18 yesterday, and we beat them by 18 today.)

Yeeeeessssssssssss!

Apparently we won Aussie Round today, and maybe overall too. Looking for confirmation.

No stitches, but it was deep.

Pix??

Full contact Boomerang throwing. I farking like it!

Go DJR. (The chicks will dig the stitches, mate, don’t worry)

There’s a couple very nice French ones here, and they agreed with you :slight_smile:

I’m spotting for our MTA throwers in SuperCatch, the last event.

(i.e. I start downwind and guide them to the catch)

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

Warming up for Aussie Round, first throw in tricky conditions was a perfect return to the middle. I turn to catch and captain Grant runs through me. No concussion but niiiiiice cut under eyelid, blood everywhere, and black eye to come.

The good news is Grant and my replacement, Giossia, seemed to be absolutely tearing it up, by far the best on the circle so far.

If our two old fogies (legends) on the second circle are doing similarly… WE’RE GONNA WIN.

Three teams (six throwers) were warming up on our circle at the time, so it can get congested…

Waiting for review by one of the German throwers (one-time world champ and a doctor) on whether stitches are needed

Harden up. Tippa would’ve got up.

Haven’t seen final results but basically guaranteed 8th behind France1.

And your new Aussie Round World Champions.

I’m fine to go for the individual comp in two days. Lübeck tour and boat ride tomorrow!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1081294648617171&id=777597908986848

Did you just give the audience the finger?? Cheeky bugger!

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

DJR dons the red vest ! Its been a tough few days. Joey had his teeth knocked out in the first quarter against Brisbane , Doc Reid just pushed em back in cleaned up the claret and he played out the game and kicked 4.1

Well done on the result.

Looks like the Aussies finished 8th . The US are clearly very into our own sport, with both the US#1 and US#2 teams beating us . The Germans , Swiss French and Japs finished ahead of us.