World Cup 2014

Socceroos have confirmed 2 more friendlies

Oct 11 v France @ Stade de France, Paris

Oct 15 v Canada @ Craven Cottage, London

Getting excited, its getting closer.

Already have booked 8 weeks off work to head to Brazil, waiting for ticket ballot to begin and main draw to finalise bookings.

Will be my 3rd World Cup and cant wait

France 6 - Australia 0

Conceded 12 in last two games, didn’t watch the game but most write up’s were horrible. Hope they find some fight or it could be embarrassing on the big stage.

Would be a shame for those going over, I know a couple of guys who are, they might have to entertain themselves with the local sights.

they got a ballot for tickets at work, will have to have a crack at it i suppose, all games except the final.

Lol, 0-6 ??? Twice!? Yet this side qualified for the world cup…

Welcome back, Aussie Guus.

Holger has to go, this is a shambles

adios holger

Hope we don't waste coin on Guus again, give it to Ange or any coach who wants to score and has no intention of bringing back Harry.

WOW, I don't expect us to be collecting any points in the group stage next year. We're lucky we even escaped qualifications.

YIKES

Surely the socceroos have brought the game into disrepute far more over the past month than essendon ever did. Plenty of ammunition for fifa to kick us out of the finals in brazil

Hope we don't waste coin on Guus again, give it to Ange or any coach who wants to score and has no intention of bringing back Harry.

No way Ange, need an experienced European coach. Hope we spend some decent money

Holger has just been sacked.

9 months away from the world cup. What a debacle.

Ange can start right now as far as I am concerned, meaning no game for him tonight! :)

Holger has just been sacked.

9 months away from the world cup. What a debacle.

Happens regularly in World Soccer, 9 months is plenty of time to turn things around. New coach with new ideas and several more friendlies coming up means it all isn't doom and gloom.

Would love to see us grab a big name coach even if it was only on a short term period until the end of the Cup next year. Throw a stack of coin at someone like Sir Alex, imagine the interest and support if we landed a big fish like that, might be the kickstart required. The FFA have got plenty of coin so lets attract a big name

Remember we have one very enticing "carrot" for a "celebrity" coach and that is a rolled gold ticket to Brasil. So if we decide to go down the "tinsel town" road we won't have to bankrupt the place. Probably plenty of managers getting in touch already.

The problem is they are more likely to have a short term view of the role and a very limited awareness of any A league talent. It's not like 10 years ago when there seemed to be plenty of A grade talent overseas, our current set of expats are either aging or struggling to get a start or both.

Someone like Ange will bring with him a hard head and an incisive knowledge of the next generation. The old stagers got us there and good on them, and Holger for that matter deserves to be praised for the achievement, but it's time to inject new blood, in the knowledge that risks are involved. Right now there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go.

PS Despite all this if the recent press is on the money, they've already got an O/S coach lined up. Waste of money IMHO.

Australian soccer going from strength to strength on the international scene...

Time to get the broom out. 

Ange can start right now as far as I am concerned, meaning no game for him tonight! :)

The FFA are believed to have considered Cashmere John Aloisi for the job before remembering that his apparel requirements are incompatible with Brazil.

Please no local person as coach.

If Ange or anyone else was that good they wouldnt be coaching in the A-League.

I love the A-League but it really is only League 1 or 2 standard

What’s Guus doing?