World Cup 2014

England 2-0 over Poland, we did it the hard way as always but we made it. YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!! Best game Rooney has played for England for years. Gerrard Captain fantastic again. Baines may have just made the left back spot his own

Nothing coming through the under 20s ethier they just got done 5-1 by Vietnam afew weeks ago

Um, what about the 2 wins in the groups before that?

We have to appoint the next coach as a 4-5 year appointment to sett he whole thing up, from youth level. Getting a big-name on big $$$ gets us in the headlines but they will only move on to the next big paycheque. I like Ange, I think he would covet the role and do the best thing for Australian football. Go to Brazil, do the very best we can with the players at our disposal, then once that ends we have to plan for the future.

If that means the difference between getting out of the groups & not, I'd honestly take it.

Ange after Brazil. Let him build the way he wants, with a bit of time on his side and develop the squad he wants. Right now we need an absolute short-term, band-aid quick fix!

Chile al Mundial! Chile al Mundial!

Last game highlights http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbK8ZZkw3cU&feature=g-high-u

arguably our greatest ever socceroo, probably our most influential, and most capped of all time, mark schwarzer has hung up the boots for country with immediate effect. wonderful player, professional, servant of australian football. his heroics v. uruguay will probably forever remain my favourite sporting moment of all time.

ange has named his first ever squad for the costa rica friendly

Socceroos Squad for Costa Rica International Friendly – 19 November 2013
Oliver BOZANIC FC Luzern, SWITZERLAND
Mark BRESCIANO Al Gharafa, QATAR
Tim CAHILL New York Red Bulls, USA
Jason DAVIDSON SC Heracles Almelo, NETHERLANDS
Ivan FRANJIC Brisbane Roar, AUSTRALIA
James HOLLAND FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA
Mile JEDINAK Crystal Palace FC, ENGLAND
Josh KENNEDY Nagoya Grampus, JAPAN
Robbie KRUSE TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen, GERMANY
Mitchell LANGERAK (gk) B.V. Borussia 09 Dortmund, GERMANY
Matthew LECKIE FSV Frankfurt 1899, GERMANY
Ryan McGOWAN Shandong Luneng Taishan FC, CHINA PR
Matthew McKAY Brisbane Roar, AUSTRALIA
Mark MILLIGAN Melbourne Victory, AUSTRALIA
Lucas NEILL Omiya Ardija, JAPAN
Tommy OAR FC Utrecht, NETHERLANDS
Tom ROGIC Celtic FC, SCOTLAND
Mat RYAN (gk) Club Brugge KV, BELGIUM
Dario VIDOSIC FC Sion, SWITZERLAND
Rhys WILLIAMS Middlesbrough FC, ENGLAND
Alex WILKINSON Jeonbuk Hyundai FC, KOREA REPUBLIC
Michael ZULLO Adelaide United, AUSTRALIA
As at Wednesday 6 November 2013

Where is this match being played?

No David Carney so that's good news.

in sydney i think

wilkshere looks to be the first casualty, neill next hopefully

Neill is almost like a cancer. Thinks it's his devine right to pick the coach and have his final say on who stays and goes.

Talks about pride and passion, yet this guy gave up a chance to play in the UCL and instead chased the money in the middle east.

Congratulations to Mark Schwarzer on a fine International career, did the country proud on numerous occasions.

Quick Poll: Do you guys think he was a better keep than Bozza?

Both were wonderful for us and both were great on the domestic scene as well. I'd rate Bozza inches ahead of Schwarzer. No real reason why, just thought he played in a weaker team and performed just as well.

Congratulations to Mark Schwarzer on a fine International career, did the country proud on numerous occasions.

I don't even like wogball, but I'll agree with this. Has been a fine ambassador for his country and his code.

you can't disrespect schwarza given his longevity and consistency by bozza was an absolute freak. it would be a stretch to say he was one of the best shot stoppers the world had seen. He didn't play for man u for no reason. of course he had is failings which brings him back to the field but if i was asked to pick between them (both in their prime) for a one off match i'd pick bozza.

i remeber watching man u play the intercontinental cup final again palmieras in 99. bozza made outrageous save after outrageous save in that game to keep a clean sheet. remarkable performance.

neither of them were great distributors though which always frustrated me.

you can't disrespect schwarza given his longevity and consistency by bozza was an absolute freak. it would be a stretch to say he was one of the best shot stoppers the world had seen. He didn't play for man u for no reason. of course he had is failings which brings him back to the field but if i was asked to pick between them (both in their prime) for a one off match i'd pick bozza.

i remeber watching man u play the intercontinental cup final again palmieras in 99. bozza made outrageous save after outrageous save in that game to keep a clean sheet. remarkable performance.

neither of them were great distributors though which always frustrated me.

Did a similar thing against Brazil in the confederation cup as well, kept a clean sheet (which was incredible).

Then we played them in the final and they beat us 6-0, however he still did some amazing saves to keep it to single digits.

found some highlights of the palmieras game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMqC824HUU

also bbc report noting bozza's heroics. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/543368.stm

so full rebuild is on then.

how will the first 11 look come 2014

i wouldn't mind seeing something like this

williams spiranovic thwaite zullo

jedinak cahill

kruze rogic oar

Kennedy

jedinak cahill

kruze rogic oar

Kennedy

That back 4 makes for some sad sad reading.

jedinak cahill

kruze rogic oar

Kennedy

That back 4 makes for some sad sad reading.

indeed, but Neill and Mackay are both liabilities IMO. need to change it up. Have liked what i have seen of thwait so far this season, seems to have developed a bit more steal. Wouldn't mind kisnorbo back their either.

jedinak is maligned but i watched him against west brom the other day and he is playing well.

cahill doesn't operate well as a loan wolf imo and just doesn't see enough ball. don't now how he will hold up physically to reprising is old role as a combative central mid but it would get him involved more and i it wouldn't stop him getting on the score sheet, if anything it might help.

leckie can't stop scoring in Bundesliga 2 at the moment so he will be in the mix.

regardless i still think this sort of formation which seems to be the norm for us at the top level (and i don't think we have the defenders to play any more attackingly) doesn't really work without a proper centre forward (viduka) and we don't have one so it makes things very difficult.

still think the 2 biggest issues we have to solve is pace (defensively) and final delivery.

No one playing A-League or a crappy middle eastern league should even be considered for a berth in Brazil. Ange needs to make it quite clear that you need to play at a decent standard or you are out

problem is there are no defenders playing at good levels in Europe. ryce williams is certainly the pick of them and some kid at liverpool who may or may not elect to play for austrlia.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Abroad/index.html

No one playing A-League or a crappy middle eastern league should even be considered for a berth in Brazil. Ange needs to make it quite clear that you need to play at a decent standard or you are out

yep, lets send six blokes to brazil. should work