Worst performance I have ever seen

That is the worst game of football I have ever seen EFC play in 25 years. 

69-36 inside 50s. WOW.

Our delivery in there was just rubbish. When the ball hit the ground 3 melbourne players converged and swept it away. No forward pressure. Too many talls up there and Chapman is too slow. They went coast to coast so easy (especially the last goal) no to mention the 4 missed tackles for that last goal.

No work rate. We let melbourne come back from 6 goals down even though they had the 6 day break and we had 8 days.

Our forward line is sooooo bad. Clearly it wasnt working all day. Surely u put Hurley up there to change it up?? Nope too stubborn of Bomber.

How many times did we kick it into the man on the mark? Baguley did it 3 times himself

Dont want excuses no more about off field and injuries. We have gone nowhere in 5 years, just plateaued around 8th position.

One positive was that clearly Heppell and Zacha stood up without Jobe. As

You have a really short memory.

Incredible that its the worst performance you've seen in 25 years, when, judging by your jargon it seems you've only been alive for 12.

Certainly the worst effort this year. There were some ordinary ones last year too (Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton to name a few). What hurt me the most is that it to me has become the full stop on another wasted season.

I can't wait to see all the rubbish to come from the eternal optimists - but this season is done and dusted now sadly. With Adelaide (pantsed the Roos), Geelong (won by a lazy 100), Port (say no more), and Collingwood (spanked us earlier this year without 5 or 6 of their B22) to come in the next 4 weeks, to be 6-10 is quite realistic.

2012 - ruined with injury, 2013 - ruined by the Sorry Saga, 2014, arguably ruined by the Sorry Saga again. Excluding the two new teams, I think with Richmond we are the only two sides to have not won a final in the past decade.

Where are we going?

I’ve seen worse performances this season. I’m guessing you don’t see many games.

I've seen worse performances this season. I'm guessing you don't see many games.

us or other teams? This is worse than our Saints game this year (who would have thought that was possible)

I think it’s the worst because of the timing. If we lost two weeks ago I probably wouldn’t be as angry as I am now.

Worst loss.

Not worst performance. There’s a difference.

Would still have won except for the umpire shepherding Dempsey off the ball early. Umpires did everything they could to keep Melbourne in it, and that gave them confidence and sapped ours.

Bellchambers kicks that goal, like my six and five year old kids could have from that far out, and I reckon it’s game over.

BAD KICKING IS BAD FOOTBALL!!!

I’ve seen plenty of worse losses over the last forty years but I have never, repeat never, seen such a woeful display of kicking either for goal ( I wasn’t around to see the 7.27 in the 1948 GF) or kicking into the fifty. How many times can you pass to an opposition defender?? Frustrating to watch and made even worse when looking across at the Melbourne supporting flogs in the MCC members.

Careful guys, we are verging on Talking Carlton behaviour. Go grab a beer and watch some dvds…

Would still have won except for the umpire shepherding Dempsey off the ball early. Umpires did everything they could to keep Melbourne in it, and that gave them confidence and sapped ours.

That didn't help either did the free to Jones in front of goal when he was tackled with the ball. But if the Essendon boys had kicked straight those two would not have been a factor.

Bellchambers kicks that goal, like my six and five year old kids could have from that far out, and I reckon it's game over.
BAD KICKING IS BAD FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

six and five year olds?

You barely let Mrs IV catch her breath.

james hirds last game in melb vs richmond, now that was a capitulation of disgusting sorts

umpires didn't force us to kick poorly to goal

Easily the angriest I have ever been after the game. Almost got into it with a melbourne supporter on the way out.

That performance made me fk ing sick!!

What made me angry the most is that the actual effort was there. They had energy. They worked hard. But they ■■■■■■ it up so many times.

The majority of the footballers on our list just aren’t professional enough to be winners and get the ■■■■■■■ job done. We’re not ruthless, we get comfortable so often and for a club that has done ■■■■ all in a decade there is never EVER an excuse to get comfortable.

Not the worst performance. Just woeful kicking in front of goal. What I don’t understand is why everyone got the bug at the same time?

That game reminded me of our loss to them a couple of years ago.  Kicked ourselves out of it with poor conversion.  Only ourselves to blame here.