Ye Olde VFL MegaThread — August 2013 to December 2015

At half time I noted there were a number of players putting their hand up for selection; in the second half it was pretty much a mass capitulation.

Who stood out for you?

Sounds like all of our team did, we the hell were they?

I thought that Ambrose finally woke up to the fact that he has been off his game and I definitely thought he stood up to the plate. He tackled hard, put his body on the line, scored 2 goals and went hard for 4 full quarters. I hope that he will be up for selection against Melbourne next week.

Kommer was great, I really think he has missed playing and it showed. He took every opportunity given to him, and used them well on the most part. He had one goal but I think that his work efforts shouldn’t be represented by his individual score. There is, however, still a question mark above Kommer… (pun intended)

Irish is going to be a star. He continues to improve and got 3 goals (top of the team) with 2 point in the goal square, so effectively McKenna had at least 5 opportunities for goals. I hope to see him playing with the big names soon.

Oirish outbodying his opp, getting out the back, collecting on the run, remembering to bounce the ball, then handballing over the top to Hardy the highlight of the day.