Your dream location to live if you havent already moved there?

Kind of random, but thought it would be cool to post places that people have found peaceful and would love to settle down in if they haven’t already found it.

I blame my wife for this as we watch Selling Houses Australia and see some of the houses in some brilliant locations but we started talking about where would want to move as the house we have is not our ‘Forever Home’ as it too small for when baby #2 arrives and both our kids grow up.

I live near Cranbourne and have so because it was cheap to get into at the time as a first home owner. I took the wife and son down to Tooradin and fell in love with the closeness to the beach and some of the old shops. But even then some of the houses were around 480K for small houses with added extensions.

My wife would prefer to move to the Dandenongs and live in Olinda or Sassafras, but unless we get a bucket load for the joint we have and I work until I am 90 to pay it off, don’t think that will ever happen (unless we were to buy a complete dump and do it up). Plus it would be over an hour and 30 minutes to commute to work.

So where is your dream location? Inner city? out the country? near the beach? list them.

Armadale is nice as, same with windsor.

Armadale is nice as, same with windsor.

Driven through Armadale a few times and it was nice. Love the old buildings.

The country. I hate cities, they are only good for going to the footy and gigs.
Warmth is nice. If in Australia the redder the dirt the better. Alice Springs is the best place I’ve lived.

Tbh I’m not sure
I am one of those people that would just find a way to be happy regardless of where that is
Been a decade since I’ve “dreamt” of moving somewhere. Was typically always the Gold Coast though. Currumbin or one of the nicer suburbs there lol

Dream location? Fiji.

Ideal in my vicinity? I kinda like rural type properties that are still close to the suburbs and within an hour of the city.

The rich parts of the Lysterfield valley, Wonga Park and Warrandyte are very nice areas (although I’m unlikely to afford them anytime soon), and even a small stretch in Kilsyth which is rural, but probably almost affordable even now.

But then again, my mate is down in Mount Martha, and that’s a farkin spectacular place to live in summer.

A Greek island

I’d like to buy the Steyne hotel in Manly, and convert the top floor corner into a luxury Penthouse.

Then put on better bands downstairs & try to raise the calibre of the clientele.

Surf beach at the doorstep, a safe swimming bay 400 metres walk down The Corso away, where also resides a safe harbour & marina for the boat.

Done, done, & done.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x6b12ab0f671b2ad1:0xf1081971d1a872f1!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname%3D111816794226943580992%26id%3D6204968672633780194%26target%3DPHOTO!5ssteyne+hotel+manly+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-JXSZPdL8Uz0/Vhx6IebDd-I/AAAAAAAAAA4/avkd7fVTDG4tHIUiPV0OJ8fewtnQ_1LxACJkC&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv_t7p6bTRAhWKmZQKHb2LCGYQoioI9AIwNQ

(Hmm … s’pose I’d need a helipad on the roof, for travelling to the MCG/Jihad.)

1 Like
A Greek island

with Stavros and Vasilios?

Anywhere from South Melbourne/St Kilda down to Brighton, thanks. Footy, cricket, tennis, theatre, food etc etc etc.

With a holiday home in Osaka.

Ideal in my vicinity? I kinda like rural type properties that are still close to the suburbs and within an hour of the city.

C’mon down to Tassie.

Northcote goes all right.

Everyone’s happy, and Dinosaur Jnr playing at the end of my street.

1 Like

C’mon down to Tassie.

The possibility has entered my mind many times. If it wasn’t for work, I’d probably already be doing it.

Yeah, work down here is an issue. You could always open a cafe near a Marina and large business…

1 Like
Yeah, work down here is an issue. You could always open a cafe near a Marina and large business....

Or get into thermal underwear sales.

Set for life.

Yeah, work down here is an issue. You could always open a cafe near a Marina and large business....

Or get into thermal underwear sales.

Set for life.

Black puffer jacket distribution business.

Perth is great. Only went for a week but apart from house prices can’t fault it. Cottesloe. With a shack in Margaret river. Or the place with the cows.
Otherwise where I am now. Sick of hawthorn but.

Anywhere from South Melbourne/St Kilda down to Brighton, thanks. Footy, cricket, tennis, theatre, food etc etc etc.

With a holiday home in Osaka.

Why Osaka?
A Greek island

Mediterranean location ftw. Except you’d never be able to earn good money :frowning:

Frankston or Brighton