Your dream location to live if you havent already moved there?

A Greek island

with Stavros and Vasilios?

I’d also throw in Giorgos just to keep the rotation going.

A Greek island

Mediterranean location ftw. Except you’d never be able to earn good money :frowning:

You don’t need good money there!

Have traveled a lot, and still think Melbourne’s tops.

Wouldn’t mind a boat on the Dalmatian coast for the winters but.

A Greek island

Mediterranean location ftw. Except you’d never be able to earn good money :frowning:

For the ■■■■■■ petrol you do :confused:

big house in North Hobart with a shack at Coles Bay or somewhere up the east coast.

Berlin

But bought a tiny place in Seaford which we are very happy about

1 Like

Have two good Mates who retired to Hua Hin in Thailand. Very beautiful place, nice beaches and lovely cheap houses to lease. Cost of living very low .

That said, Bacchus Marsh is a great place to live, no beach but small enough to feel like your are in the Country and large enough to have 4 pubs, two footy teams and lots of Bomber supporters.

House are still affordable, take me about 45 minsto get to Footy by train or car. Could do with an indoor pool, but I am working on that, and a few good restuarants.

And of course, there is me !

Either the country or East Melbourne.

If overseas, London or Berlin or New Jersey.

A Greek island

For the ■■■■■■ petrol you do :confused:

Anywhere from South Melbourne/St Kilda down to Brighton, thanks. Footy, cricket, tennis, theatre, food etc etc etc.

With a holiday home in Osaka.

Why Osaka?

Love the vibe - a tad more laid back than Tokyo, with friendlier people, but just as many attractions. I found Tokyo the most “western” of Japanese cities - people there are a bit colder and less friendly than anywhere else in Japan. Osaka is the ideal combination for me. Truth be known, if I lived full time in Japan it would be Fukuoka - small city, but big amenities and attractions. Great lifestyle.

Northcote goes all right.

Everyone’s happy, and Dinosaur Jnr playing at the end of my street.

And The Sunnyboys…great spot.

Anywhere from South Melbourne/St Kilda down to Brighton, thanks. Footy, cricket, tennis, theatre, food etc etc etc.

Why Osaka?

Love the vibe - a tad more laid back than Tokyo, with friendlier people, but just as many attractions. I found Tokyo the most “western” of Japanese cities - people there are a bit colder and less friendly than anywhere else in Japan. Osaka is the ideal combination for me. Truth be known, if I lived full time in Japan it would be Fukuoka - small city, but big amenities and attractions. Great lifestyle.

Cool to hear. I’ve been living in Osaka for 13 years and love it, just never considered it a “holiday home” destination, haha. It’s a pretty ugly city to look at, but highly liveable.

Off subject, but living in Cairns & having direct flights to Osaka, looking at doing a Xmas trip at the end of the year - what are the Xmas lights around Osaka like?

On subject, Cairns is a dream location for me, but I can handle the humidity after 6 years living in the Solomon Islands & 14 years in Darwin.

South Pacific, like PP mentioned about Fiji, is really nice, although I’d choose Vanuatu - but being more 3rd world than even SE Asia, would make it difficult to retire too, as hospitals & health facilities etc are very ordinary.

I’ve heard the Chinese and Japanese are starting to buy up property, and build infrastructure, particularly in Fiji. The former for investment/retirement, the latter to buy votes for the international whalers

big house in North Hobart with a shack at Coles Bay or somewhere up the east coast.

We are truely blessed.
Possibly greatest bread ads.

Despite all the jokes Adelaide is a pretty good place to live in but still looking at property on Lombok to set up my retirement dig

Why Osaka?

I’d take Tokyo, moreso cause I thought Osaka was busier and more dense (crowded) than Tokyo.

Tokyo is also middle of Japan so north east or south west is easy to get to.

Dream location? Fiji.

Ideal in my vicinity? I kinda like rural type properties that are still close to the suburbs and within an hour of the city.

The rich parts of the Lysterfield valley, Wonga Park and Warrandyte are very nice areas (although I’m unlikely to afford them anytime soon), and even a small stretch in Kilsyth which is rural, but probably almost affordable even now.

But then again, my mate is down in Mount Martha, and that’s a farkin spectacular place to live in summer.

Kilsyth? Only spot I can kinda think of that fits the bill is off Liverpool rd
Mooroolbark has actually has a fairly large area/chunk of it tucked away in the bush at the Lilydale/Montrose end near Canterbury rd

It’s the Liverpool Road / Glasgow road part I was thinking of, but yes that ends up being Montrose further down.

That little stretch of valley on Glasgow road with the paddocks looking up to Mt Dandenong… I visited a property in there a few years ago, and it might as well as have been a different country. It certainly made it hard to rationalise that I was 5 mins from Boronia.

Belfast rd and Edinburgh rd in Mooza B are a little like that, though the properties aren’t quite that large
Where Nth Croydon, Chirny and Wonga Park meet around Brushy Park and a Black Springs rd the properties start to get pretty big

edit
Speaking of Warrandyte, great granddad (or maybe an extra great) owned a chunk of land (orchard) on the corner of Tindal and Warrandyte rd (opposite) wildflower reserve
Don’t know what he sold it for but there’s about $10mil worth of houses in there nowadays lol

Despite all the jokes Adelaide is a pretty good place to live in but still looking at property on Lombok to set up my retirement dig

I’d tread warily in Lombok - Still many primitive attitudes and can be unfriendly to foreigners - Actually can be unfriendly to fellow Indonesians who are not from Lombok.

I’d tread warily in Lombok - Still many primitive attitudes and can be unfriendly to foreigners - Actually can be unfriendly to fellow Indonesians who are not from Lombok.

Have been several times and find it much friendlier and safer than Bali. Have gone back a couple of times to check out land and have a couple of blocks to check out over there in a few weeks time. You are correct in some regards though, they are very suspicious towards foreigners at first and being a lot more of a Muslim population they view other Indonesians with great suspicion. They are still very primitive in most parts, a lot like Bali was 20-30 years ago

As long as none of you pr!cks say Port Fairy. I don’t want to have to pretend to be friendly to any of you.

Maldives would be pretty sweet