Your favourite extreme sports clips!

While we’re running with all the ‘your top’ lists, this ones for all the people who skate, bmx, ski, snowboard, dirt bike, rock climb… what ever.

Show us your favourite clips that make you want to SEND IT.

I’m big in to snowboarding so these two always get me amped up to go big!

Arthur Longo just casually throwing down some steezy power moves on some side hits…

This is everything i love about snowboarding in one video

2 Likes

RIP JP. :frowning:

4 Likes

RIP JP.

Ha. I’ve been through this town before!

They get some serious powder out that way and breed some very talented riders.

1 Like
7 Likes

I haven’t skated in yonks (kept breaking stuff) but used to love the old videos. I’ll put this Danny Way clip cos it was pretty legendary at the time and has that awesome Big Drill Car song to kick it off:

4 Likes

And just cos it’s Jason Lee in Spike Jonze‘s Video Days:

5 Likes

Funny how those lines and tricks wouldn’t get you a look in, by todays standards.

Aaron ‘Jaws’ Homoski is one of my favourite modern era skaters…The guy makes running back with the footy seem like a preferred option.

This is his journey to gapping over 25 steps, faaaarking epic!

2 Likes

Yeah, difference in how “extreme” the tricks are after a few decades is laughable. The Jason Lee looks sluggish and tame in parts now. But for influence they’re cool, and it’s all about the flow.

1 Like

Great idea for a thread. I’ve been trying to watch this sort of stuff, in preference to watching coronaviris news, recently. Love some ideas.

We watch mainly climbing clips at home, due to having a climbing obsessed teenager who is missing getting to the gym badly.

2 Likes

The Dawn Wall on Netflix is pretty incredible.

1 Like

I never really thought too much of rock climbing until i saw a documentary called ‘The Valley Uprising’.

Completely changed my mind.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m genuinely amazed that this is a sponsored event.

Amazing when you think how succesful Lee and Jonze have both been since.

Lee back then epitomises early 90’s slacker youth culture. Imagine telling him he was going to be a celebrity staring in movies and worth millions.

1 Like

Scientology is a hell of a drug.

3 Likes

Thanks, will check it out.

And thanks @choppsuey, we were all over that one when Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgonsen did the tour with it last year.

We’ve also signed up to the “adventure plus” streaming service for about $50 for a year which is basically the adventure film festival people trying to find a way to exist through these times. They seem to have heaps of interesting stuff. Daughter loved the "Pretty Strong"girls climbing one the other week (which was PPV though, but that was ok)

Here’s the link… https://adventureplus.com/

Also for anyone interested in sport climbing, pretty much every IFSC world cup is on you tube in full.

1 Like
3 Likes

EXTENDED ARMS GIRL FOOTAGE!!!

Mate, there’s some pretty serious ironing gets done.

Rental skis?

Rental skis.

1 Like