Your first final

1971 GF. Sheeds said it was the toughest game of footy he had ever seen, I thought it looked like a regular game of footy out at Windy Hill.

1979 Elimination final against Fitzroy out at Waverley. TD, Ronnie Andrews and Robert Hyde all with knees held together by strapping. Unfortunately Flea Wilson tore us apart.

1999 Qualifying Final.

The way Mercuri tore the Swans apart that day was bliss.

Even though my 1st game was in '86,and seen alot of games since,my 1st final was the '91 elimination final against the Dees at Waverley,shocking result,almost as bad as losing to them in the National Panasonic cup in the late '80s.

Was lucky to witness pretty much all of the '93 season & finals in the flesh so that made up for it.

1981 Qualifying final Geelong v Collingwood. My uncle, a Collingwood supporter, was minding me and my sister while mum and dad were away, so he took me along. Geelong won, and Stan Magro dropped Terry Bright behind play right in front of us.

First Essendon final was the 1982 Elim, when North beat us.

I think I've only actually been to two finals, both were one point losses.  1986 Elimination Final, in the pouring rain, when Conlon kicked the goal from the pocket with about a minute to go that put them up by a point.  I think Duckworth had the ball on the half forward flank when the siren went and all the Fitzroy supporters rushed onto the ground.  The other one was 1996 at the Gabba - qualifying final, when Brisbane got us.  Wanga had a snap from the goal square that hit the post 30 seconds before the siren.  We were in the pocket behind Wanganeen - seemed like he was pulled off the ball before he even had it and never really got a decent kick away.  He was only about 2 metres from the goal though... And he had missed an open goal from 30 out only about 5 minutes earlier...

That’s why we sacked Wanganeen.
(hey, it hurts less)

Essendon vs Geelong 2nd semi 1962

We won 14.21-7.17

Geelong tied with Carlton in the Prelim then lost by a whisker after Wade was penalised for holding the guy behind him.

Then went to the Granny which we won pretty comfortably against the douchebags.

Essendon vs Geelong 2nd semi 1962

We won 14.21-7.17

Geelong tied with Carlton in the Prelim then lost by a whisker after Wade was penalised for holding the guy behind him.

Then went to the Granny which we won pretty comfortably against the douchebags.

Was that when he was holding the opponents shorts?

93 Prelim. I was 9. Got beer tipped all over me from behind by a bloke when Tim Watson kicked that goal in the last. I didn't mind.

Gee footy was bizarre in the 90s. Two one-point preliminary final losses in four years with a trip down to 14th on the ladder in between. Doubt you'll see that again due to the cyclic nature these days.

Wasn't it three? 

Gee footy was bizarre in the 90s. Two one-point preliminary final losses in four years with a trip down to 14th on the ladder in between. Doubt you'll see that again due to the cyclic nature these days.

Wasn't it three? 

Three one point losses, but the one to Brisbane in 1996 wasn't a prelim.

1999 Qualifying Final.

The way Mercuri tore the Swans apart that day was bliss.

not my first but one of my favorites. the best 1 & half of quarter games I have ever seen by an individual!

1979 Elimination Final Ess vs Fitzroy at VFL Park. I went with my Dad that day, we lost and it was the first and last time I ever cried at the footy. I miss going to the footy with my Dad.

Same. 1979 Elimination Final at VFL Park. Safe to say I was over Elimination finals by 1983!

Me as well.

First game ever was the 79 Elimination Final. 3 weeks before my 5th birthday.

Mum drove to VFL Park in the week before the game to buy tickets, and I was allowed out on the ground. I ran all the way out to the centre circle and stood on the plate they bounced the ball on in the centre of the ground. Was wearing my hand knitted bomber jumper.

Unfortunately the Bombers were belted by Fitzroy.

Took an hour to get out of the car park a nightmare of a day created by david mcmahon and bernie quinlan.

Td and simon madden  played with broken hands.

Another nightmare occured 10 years later against geelong at vfl park in the prelim called gary ablett.

that 89 prelim was a shocker, after we'd smashed them 2 weeks earlier, then got beaten up by Hawthorn in a brutal 2nd semi.  Once we got injuries in the prelim (was it Daisy Williams who broke a leg?) it was never going to be pretty...

1964 first semi vs Geelong. John Devine illegally took out Jack Clarke and the Cats won comfortably.
Went to the Collingwood vs Melbourne GF that year also. Seats behind the Punt Rd end goal. Thought that my father (a Pies supporter) was going to leap off the first level of the old Southern Stand in his excitement when lumberingRay Gabelich(?) ran half the MCG to goal and put the Pies ahead with only a few minutes remaining.

1979 Elimination Final Ess vs Fitzroy at VFL Park. I went with my Dad that day, we lost and it was the first and last time I ever cried at the footy. I miss going to the footy with my Dad.

Same. 1979 Elimination Final at VFL Park. Safe to say I was over Elimination finals by 1983!

That makes 3 of us, that was my first final as well, got smacked by 79 points if I remember correctly, thank fark we don't follow Richmond, all those losing elims have been well and truly made up for 4 flags later..

2001 Prelim, hardly remember it but fairly sure me and my old man sat top of the Ponsford and Misiti had a ripper through the eyes of a 5 year old.

That makes 3 of us, that was my first final as well, got smacked by 79 points if I remember correctly, thank fark we don't follow Richmond, all those losing elims have been well and truly made up for 4 flags later..
Four of us. Sat behind the goals at the scoreboard end with Dad, mum ( the only game she has been to since the days of Coleman), my sister and brother in law. It felt like a long drive back to Newport after that game.

1986 elimination final is the first one I remember. Was heartbreaking because, as a 7 year old who had only known us making gfs, I thought we were invincible. It was a tough early lesson in finding out that football doesn’t work that way