Your first game

Again, reclaiming our history on BB

Mine was the Windy Hill Massacre in 1989, kept the real druggies to 1.12 for the entire match.

Fitzroy 1995. Mid season at the G. Sat in the old olympic stand. Obviously we beat the opposition. Misiti hit the same post twice with two kicks in a row.

Fitzroy 1995. Mid season at the G. Sat in the old olympic stand. Obviously we beat the opposition. Misiti hit the same post twice with two kicks in a row.

I remember that game, I think Dougy Hawkins was playing for the Roys that game.

I think I remember a tale where Dougy said to Smoking Joe after he missed the first shot "bet you can't do that again"

Vs Sydney at the G in 1992/93. I wasn’t really into it then but my brother was playing little league. We won, that’s all I remember. Someone will know the year.

Night game? Probably 1993, Wanganeen best on ground that night.

The massive comeback against Melbourne in 92.

I was a whinging 6 year old and at half time my dad realised I probably wasn't going to be able to sit through the second half so we left.

Needless to say he took it pretty well in the car ride home with the radio on listening to us pile on the goals in what was apparently one of the best comebacks ever seen, or not seen in our case.

93 vs Geelong the day Fish and Garry Snr went full retard

First game I went to I got to sit in the coaches box at Windy Hill. my neighbour was a statistician for the team, I was only about 10. during the 2’s i couldn’t believe how much Merv Keene swore. He even asked me what I would do if I was him… Of course I told him I would play David Flood at full forward, not full back. After the game I got to go into the rooms and got everyone’s autographs, I still have the piece of paper with the signatures on it.

1 Like

1998 i think it was, we played Freo at Waverley park- we lost. Shane Parker or maybe James Clement kicked about 5 goals. Ryan O'Connor kicked a goal that lifted the crowd in the last qtr, we then fell away.

1966 against Richmond at Windy Hill....my dad worked on the gate at Windy Hill and would let my older sister and I in for free.

He had a mate who was a police sergeant who always kept a couple of seats free for us in the Reynolds Stand.

First memory of a game is the 2001 Prelim. Was at the Moorcroft game apparently 

I remember that game, I think Dougy Hawkins was playing for the Roys that game.

I think I remember a tale where Dougy said to Smoking Joe after he missed the first shot "bet you can't do that again"

He did play - http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1995/050619950722.html
As for the tale, why not.

Yeah, may have actually be a “tale”

Princess park, 1992, Richmond vs St Kilda.

Went to lots of Richmond games in the early 90s. Because everyone I knew barracked for them, so I went along anyway.

I used to really enjoy the footy back in the 90s as a kid.

First memory of a game is the 2001 Prelim. Was at the Moorcroft game apparently 

talk about a nail biter first up :D

i remember going ballistic in my lounge room when Barnards snap went through

I feel old reading the others.

V. Carlton round 17 1986 at MCG. We won by 25 points.

Honestly cant remember the first game the ol man took me too. I do remember my first final, 79, elimination. Wish I could forget it.

Can't remeber my first one either. All I know is it was 1961.

Mine was 1961 too, vs Collingwood at Victoria Park.  We did OK in the first quarter and then got totally creamed and lost by about 10 goals.  The Sporting Globe referred to it as a "debacle", which didn't mean a lot to me at the time. 

The following year I had a season ticket and went to nearly all the games, but not the finals.  That was a great team.  From memory the season ticket cost 10 shillings.

First Essendon game I think was in 98 v Geelong, which they won IIRC. I remembering being right up the back of the old Ponsford stand, and constantly turning around to look at the nearby trains. Also that big ■■■■ screen impeded one's view of the forward flank from where we were.

First actual match would've been North v someone in the early 90's. The earliest memory I have of attending a footy match was going to North v Footscray at whitten/western oval.