Your first game

Old trunt.

My dad’s side is all Geelong, and I may have seen a few games at Kardinia Park first, not sure. I do remember an Essendon game at the G in the mid 80s, pouring rain against Fitzroy. Also sitting in the stand at Windy Hill as a youngun with hot jam doughnuts.

Now I see where my pure hated for the scum began, my first game was smashing them in the 1983 elimination final.

Melbourne v South MCG Rnd 1 1977

Dad & his family were South supporters.

It was the year Teasdale won the Brownlow ( Brown dinner suit ) & the stock footage of him is taken from that game.

First game was at the G in 88 I think. My old man took a fold out chair haha. He thought it would be like Windy Hill. Bombers v Dees. I remember Van Ders was playing as everyone went nuts when he went near it. Bombers won…been a Bomber ever since. I was 7 at the time and swapped my team every second week at that stage. Second game was at Windy hill in 91…it was wet, muddy and crappy…we lost by 5 goals to the Tigers…I was up the scoreboard end as my old man loved the Bar!

1 Like

95 semi V Richmond. We lost. I cried.

Funny, when I was a kid always seemed to sit around really nice people. Only since, I dunno, 10 years ago that I’ve had some genuinely bad experiences at the footy.

Granted, somewhat ironically, sat in the Collingwood cheersquad ANZAC day 2014 and was surrounded by some absolutely lovely pies fans. Chatted all day, and when we lost and I was leaving they shook our hands and thanked us for the conversation throughout the day.

1 Like

I did that in the 2011 elimination final. I paid 50 bucks for my seat, and by golly, I wasn’t leaving early.

A whole aisle of Carlton fans, and one Essendon fan in the next by the end of the game. Quality banter was had, was actually a fun day. Even shook hands with a few of them.

This is the point where I’ve said too much.

Most of worst experiences at the football were near Carlton fans. That’s whi I hate them so much. I find their fans both ignorant and arrogant.

Worst in the MCC Members were drunken Hawthorn and Bulldogs fans. Never had much problem with Collingwood fans…except at Vic Park…feral toothless scum.

1 Like

This. That 99 Prelim. Two decent fights on the way home.

Fark Carlton. Forever