Your preference for pick 1

Anybody still happy to get the spoon rather than finish 17th? Pick 2 seems as good as 1 this year.

I wanted 17th then and still want it now. I don’t think it will make a huge difference who we take, but spoon records are forever

Dodoro on SEN "wouldn't it be nice to draft a Luke Hodge or Chris Judd tonight? We think the guy we pick will lead us to great things"

And there it is.

Welcome to Essendon Andrew McGrath.

Yep.

Hodge like leadership traits who wills his team over the line in big games. Judd like explosiveness and game breaking ability.

I expect that’s the way we are going also.

The fact he is so versatile as well would be in his favour. Can play anywhere on the ground, x-factor in midfield to start, if Bags got injured can play back pocket, we need more fwd pressure up there he goes.

Will be after Setterfield still for next few years no doubt though to try and prise him off GWS, can’t see him getting too much game time in 2017.

Welcome to Essendon Andrew Mcgrath. Start the thread

Anybody still happy to get the spoon rather than finish 17th? Pick 2 seems as good as 1 this year.

I wanted 17th then and still want it now. I don’t think it will make a huge difference who we take, but spoon records are forever

Today is not the day to revisit this… let’s end it there please.

Enjoy today for what it is, the welcoming of new talent into the greatest footy club ever.

Having done no research, I feel like McGrath is a ‘cold feet’ pick. McCluggage was legit months ago, what’s changed?

All my sources say McGrath… not just to me… to all their followers on twitter.

When was the last time pick 1 was up in the air like this? I don't think we will know until the name is called out.

I’m a nervous mess!

Closest example would have been 2014, I believe the Saints left it until only a few days before the draft to decided between McCartin and Petracca.
Yep. I thought Petracca was going to go #1. Not that I was paying as much attention as this year
Can't say I was following all the closely either, think EmmaQ mentioned on the blitzcast earlier in the week.

Brisbane basically win the draft. Trade down the order from 2 to 3 and still land arguably the most talented player.

If he’d said he wanted someone to lead us to greatness over the next (period greater than 2 years), that would have ruled out anyone managed by Connors, eg McGrath.

Having done no research, I feel like McGrath is a 'cold feet' pick. McCluggage was legit months ago, what's changed?
Gws interest, that's when he went from top 5 or 6 to potential no1.
Brisbane basically win the draft. Trade down the order from 2 to 3 and still land arguably the most talented player.

GWS win the draft.

Finish in top 4.

Pies 1st rounder as part of Treloar deal ended up much higher than expected. Trade up to pick 2.

Have an academy kid who shouldn’t even be zoned to them and wouldn’t have been next year a worthy pick1

Get two of best 3 kids in draft.

There are actually very few sources . About 10 people at the club. Whats the point of leaking ? So unless the “sources” are one of these people the sources are just “pundits”
On the other hand, Jackets has definitely given a “hint” but around the draft Jackets has always played little games. So is he playing a game, given that they are not supposed to leak anything even by giving an "accurate " hint.

I have heard nothing up here.......

I was scouring this thread for an update from you. Now I can relax.

Dodoro may of just given it away

“We think McGrath is the best but there’s not much in it at all.” Dodoro

Did he actually say that? I thought I’d heard him say, “we think he’s the best…” In response to a question from Berry about do we take the best or the best fit. I thought Dodoro then went on to qualify that any one of seven players could be the best, and that we’ll take a player who is both the best, and the best fit for our needs.

I could be wrong, because I did think he slipped up when I heard it, but I just don’t recall him stating McGraths name.

Yep, looks like he just gave us the #1 pick. Would look pretty stupid if he picked someone else now.

I think Dodoro has coined a new recruiter phrase this year "he has the ability to speed the game up" when talking about McGrath.

Need to add Benny Hill music to his highlights package.

Yep, looks like he just gave us the #1 pick. Would look pretty stupid if he picked someone else now.

Yeah-nah.
Maybe he’s messing with the other clubs, maybe not.
Either way, doesn’t matter.

I was fuming in 2008 when we didn’t pick Rich and took Hurley instead, I’ve since learnt to keep my mouth shut

I’m about to watch Draft Day now get excited people!