Your preference for pick 1

Just heard from a source I trust that it is McGrath who we are taking at 1.

is he cutting shapes at billboards?

Hahaha yeah muzzing like a mad dog as we speak.

Dodoro may of just given it away

ā€œWe think McGrath is the best but thereā€™s not much in it at all.ā€ Dodoro

Weird. I listened to that interview and I didnā€™t hear McGrathā€™s name mentioned.

Brisbane basically win the draft. Trade down the order from 2 to 3 and still land arguably the most talented player.

GWS win the draft.

Finish in top 4.

Pies 1st rounder as part of Treloar deal ended up much higher than expected. Trade up to pick 2.

Have an academy kid who shouldnā€™t even be zoned to them and wouldnā€™t have been next year a worthy pick1

Get two of best 3 kids in draft.

True. GWS always win.

Yep, looks like he just gave us the #1 pick. Would look pretty stupid if he picked someone else now.

Yeah-nah.
Maybe heā€™s messing with the other clubs, maybe not.
Either way, doesnā€™t matter.

Yep, that is quite possible too. We will soon find out.

Westgate watch will be required for some in here if McCluggage gets to Blues at 5.

Brisbane bid on Bowes and stick with Ainsworth and it could happen. Pending GWS Taranto/English.

Yep, looks like he just gave us the #1 pick. Would look pretty stupid if he picked someone else now.

Rubbish. That is just crap journalism. He did not say that at all

I recorded that interview and just went back and listened to it.

Dodoro was asked ā€œdo you pick best overall player or best suits a need?ā€

He answered ā€œWe think he is the best but we donā€™t think there is much in it.ā€

No playerā€™s named was mentioned in the question or the answer or in the lead up discussion to that question or answer.

I was fuming in 2008 when we didn't pick Rich and took Hurley instead, I've since learnt to keep my mouth shut

Over the journey Rich has polled more Brownlow votes than Hurls. Who knows how good he might have been if he was at a great club instead of a shate outfit like Brisbane. Dont get me wrong. I love Hurls.

Iā€™m happy with whoever we pick because I know the club have done their homework and recognise that whoever we select is a work in progress. And most are now saying McGrath , and fairly confidently too, so hereā€™s my 2 cents worth. Iā€™ve seen him in the best of game and the highlights only. To be honest he didnā€™t stand out in the young guns game but he was good. Maybe itā€™s just me but I tend to look for deficiencies in highlights reels and he has plenty of highlights but also areas needing work. I love his leap, which allayed any concerns on his height, and persistence and team orientated running. The speed is obviously a plus, although at present he seems to use it a fair bit to get onto his right side, I didnā€™t see a left foot kick but I did see him wheeling back a lot to the right or dishing off. At present his speed gets him out of trouble but heā€™ll struggle to get away with some of it at the next level, like the dinky run from the kick out where he finds himself on his non preferred and then just manages to burn off the tacklers as he runs back to the right. Most of the kicking was tidy but lacked penetration and his first option seems to be the handball, which I suppose is the new game, but when he learns to assess more options in his kicking range heā€™ll be more damaging. Also Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s typical but the few pieces of forward vision seemed to demonstrate a defensive mindset, there was even a bit of a Leroy moment where he was inside the 50 running on goal and went sideways, albeit hitting his target. Iā€™d love to see him breaking into the 50 with the goals as his first option.
I reckon heā€™s going to start in the backline, and might stay there, and heā€™ll provide terrific rebound which is something we need. As he improves his kicking, which will come, heā€™ll become more of a weapon. Definitely a first rate selection.

Yes just listened to SEN interview and Ashley Browne totally mis-quoted Dodoro in his article on AFL websiteā€¦incredibly mis-leading and amatuerish.

I think his playing games with everyone, for a bloke to say no one is to know who we will take until the night then mention McGrath as the best player. We are taking Mcluggage at pick 1 tonight as he fits our needs.

I was fuming in 2008 when we didn't pick Rich and took Hurley instead, I've since learnt to keep my mouth shut

Over the journey Rich has polled more Brownlow votes than Hurls. Who knows how good he might have been if he was at a great club instead of a shate outfit like Brisbane. Dont get me wrong. I love Hurls.

it is a midfielders award so that doesnā€™t shock me, not saying Rich isnā€™t any good but would take Hurely any day over Rich

Been in the McCluggage camp all the way and this is what my gut is telling meā€¦

<a href=ā€œ

via GIPHY

ā€>

via GIPHY

Will be interesting to see if that article changes meaning the club told them to change it. If they DGAF weā€™re probably picking McGrath

Itā€™s over guys. Welcome to Essendon A McGrath

On past history the no1 player isnt usually the best in the draft looking back. The last midfield dominated draft was the scully, trengrove and martin draft. Martin clearly best out of the 3 now. So McGrath might just be the Martin of the group even though ppl have the other 2 ahead.

Back the recruiters in!

Not saying Richmond is a great cultured club, but I think Trengrove and Scully would have developed differently at Richmond. Dusty had the support of Cotchin and Deledio whereas Scully and Trengrove were thrusted into captaincy and leadership roles prematurely, not to mention the multi million deal pressure that put off Scully.
Yes just listened to SEN interview and Ashley Browne totally mis-quoted Dodoro in his article on AFL website......incredibly mis-leading and amatuerish.

Lies are OK in the Post-Truth era.

Yes just listened to SEN interview and Ashley Browne totally mis-quoted Dodoro in his article on AFL website......incredibly mis-leading and amatuerish.

Lies are OK in the Post-Truth era.

As far as footy is concerned the post truth era started in 1990 when the AFL was formed

Why are you using the brownlow count to compare a midifielder to a key position player? You should know well an truely that midfielders dominate the brownlow medal count. Use other accolades like being an All Australian or AFL Coaches votes.

Just wait for the ā€œMembers Firstā€ emailā€¦

In all seriousness, I suspect itā€™ll be McGrath but Iā€™d like us to get McCluggage simply because it seems an age since weā€™ve had a genuine goalkicking midfielder. The kid will be a weapon in two years & I really think thatā€™s where our vision should be with this draft.

Brisbane basically win the draft. Trade down the order from 2 to 3 and still land arguably the most talented player.

GWS win the draft.

Finish in top 4.

Pies 1st rounder as part of Treloar deal ended up much higher than expected. Trade up to pick 2.

Have an academy kid who shouldnā€™t even be zoned to them and wouldnā€™t have been next year a worthy pick1

Get two of best 3 kids in draft.

but they will lose setterfield to us in 2-3yrs

Just heard from a source I trust that it is McGrath who we are taking at 1.
tomato or bbq.