You're nobody unless you're somebody on Wikipedia

I’m surprised Bomber Blitz doesn’t exist in the Wikipedia universe and I was thinking of putting up an article. All the basic facts - founded in ??? by ???, biggest single-team fansite in Australia, a bit about the Stand By Hird and Back Our Boys campaign as well as The March etc etc.

Whaddyareckon? Continue to bask in anonymity or do you wanna BE somebody!!!

1 Like

Highlights include.

12:34 March
Ricky Mott

Other ■■■■.

It’d be a short page, given Wikipedia insist on second-hand reporting. Would be a couple news articles and some scathing remarks on BigFooty.

We had one.

They deleted it. Fark Wikipedia and fark Carlton.

1 Like

Notable members:
essendon_is_magic_like_stars
dysonthepears

We had one.

They deleted it. Fark Wikipedia and fark Carlton.

Seriously? Why would they? You’d think that a fan site would be a Wikipedia-worthy thing, like Guadeloupe, or Banana wine. I’m not going to bother if they’re just going to delete it. Did they give a reason?

It'd be a short page, given Wikipedia insist on second-hand reporting. Would be a couple news articles and some scathing remarks on BigFooty.

By second hand reporting do you mean independent corroboration? Because a fan site would be incapable of first-hand reporting per se, given it doesn’t possess its own fingers or keyboard.

Wikipedia is not meant to be a primary source. It must refer to and be supported by external sources of info. In this case that means you can refer to the Mediawatch web site, for example, but said site tells you almost nothing about Blitz – just that a member once sent an email to a newspaper.

1 Like

You could do a wikia though. Hubris.

1 Like

Get RompingWins to create it for us.

1 Like

Just testing an html table …

R1C1 R2C2
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R1C1 R2C2
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R1C1 R2C2
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R1C1 R2C2
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R1C1 R1C2 R1C3
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R2C3
R3C1 R3C2 R3C3
R1C1 R1C2 R1C3
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R2C3
R3C1 R3C2 R3C3
R1C1 R1C2 R1C3
R2C1 R2C2

And a line break
R2C3
R3C1 R3C2 R3C3

Arrrghhh what are you doing

Riveting reading on Blitz.

Can’t wait to find out how Wikipedia reports this.

even I am mentioned in Wiki.
you guys are ■■■■■■.

1 Like