Zed? We miss you, please come back, Blitz didn't really mean it. ADELAIDE CROWS v ESSENDON @ AO, 7:20pm ACST Friday, July 19, 2019 - the team

I don’t care if we win or lose, I just want to see the same effort we showed in the first 3 qtrs last week.

4 Likes

The outs aren’t great…it seems like the club has decided this is the time to rest anyone that needs it and they’ll take their chance with an understrength (but hopefully fit) team.

A win here will be a bonus. Either way, hopefully we’ll be a little bit fresher for the run home.

I reckon Hooker, Stringer and Brown will go forward, with Hartley on Tex, Ambrose on Jerker and Francis on Lynch. With Hooker going back with Hartley providing ruck relief and Smack going forward.

B – Adam Saad, Michael Hartley, Martin Gleeson
HB – Aaron Francis, Patrick Ambrose, Conor McKenna,
C – Andrew McGrath, Zach Merrett, David Zaharakis
HF – Kyle Langford, Mitch Brown, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
F – Jake Stringer, Cale Hooker, Will Snelling
R – Shaun McKernan, Dyson Heppell, Dylan Shiel
Interchange – Mason Redman, Matt Guelfi, Dylan Clarke, Darcy Parish

We are a fairly big side, not surprised Lav not in it, really impressed that even with all our injuries, the side is still strong and I wouldn’t even blink at any of our emergencies coming in.

We are a strong side physically, but we are missing some pace in the forward line, although Snelling should offer more than a lame Raz.

2 Likes

That’s one seriously injury ravaged team. If we win with that line up it should go down as one of our best ever.

3 Likes

That is some sweet comic timing by Zac Clarke.

10 Likes

Well DJR should be happy, he still gets to watch the VFL team this week

9 Likes

Exactly, and please not a performance like against WC

Brutal.

I was feeling 50/50 about this game before… but after those outs, it’s going to be a tough win to pull off but let’s see. Just need them to have a good crack at it with 100% effort.

I agree, and I note that killer mike had similar thoughts.

Play Harts in the ruck with the aim of trying to keep our structures close to what we’ve been playing.

Moving Smack to ruck triggers changes that move half the squad around.

1 Like

The master troll

13 Likes

This is a very uninformed post.

I am annoyed I’ll miss the VFLW game, which unlike the VFL game will exist, while I’m in South Australia.

3 Likes

14 Likes

1 week on Blitz:
Zac Clarke is a complete and utter pelican, worse than no ruckman at all.
Fast forward 7 days.
How can we possibly win without him?

22 Likes

Andy Lovett, what might have been.

24 Likes

and imagine if we do win

2 Likes

Gee unexpected couple of changes but some good ins. Soooooooo could we please not rubbish the Krap out of everyone if…when…we lose. Just for one week,play nice…

12 Likes

Yesterday
Our footy troubles seemed so far away
Now the injured ones are here to stay
Oh, I believe
In injuries

Suddenly
We’re not half the team we used to be
There’s a shadow hanging over me
Those injuries
Came suddenly

Why they all
Had to go to the hospital
I don’t know
They did
Something wrong now I hope
No more injuries

Yesterday
Footy was such an easy game to play
Now they need a ward to heal away
Oh, I believe
In injuries

15 Likes

We just have to play the hand we have been dealt. If Raz isn’t right it’s no use playing him. Given he can’t get any separation from his opponent it’s clear he’s battling. Play Snelling, he deserves a chance, in his home town, good luck to the lad. His defensive pressure is off the charts so I look forward to see him really crack in and help us lock the ball inside 50. Heppell and Ambrose are welcome inclusions. Harts is an interesting one. Can only hope he can provide at a bare minimum a strong contest, perhaps outwork O’Brien around the ground with his mobility as Allir Allir did against us a couple of weeks ago.

We badly need a scalp on the road against a team in and around us on the table to legitimise our run of form. We aren’t at full strength but our method has been strong, we have held together well defensively and shown an ability to be resilient even if we haven’t been playing at our best and still get the job done. We are going to need that, and then some, to get the 4 points tomorrow night. Would be a massive result and one that can really set us up not to just make the 8, but to do a bit more damage than that. Come on Dons!

3 Likes

Snelling and Heppel for Lav and Raz gives us way more grunt, pressure and run.

Ambrose for Hurley, I’m not sure that’s a loss defensively.

No Zlarke and no real ruck. Yep that sucks.