Zed? We miss you, please come back, Blitz didn't really mean it. ADELAIDE CROWS v ESSENDON @ AO, 7:20pm ACST Friday, July 19, 2019 - the team

that’s brilliant - the Hartley one would be:
will you still need me,
will you still pick me
if i’m 6 foot 4

16 Likes

Im at the Toff ready to see Neil Hamburger and have some laughs… But im so sad about Zac :disappointed:

Clarke and Fanta managed? Shoulda managed Hookesy too then, why not

At this stage in our season, if we can beat the Crows in Adelaide, with that depleted team, then I reckon it will be one of our finest wins for many years.

2 Likes

NIIIINNNAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

18 Likes

Our midfield is still basically full strength (as full strength as it’s going to get this season without Smith).
If your midfield can compete there is always a chance even if you’re a bit weaker in other areas.

as we’ve known for years (on the receiving end) a winning midfield can make some spud talls look really good.

3 Likes

Reasons I’m glad I’m not the coach

1). I’ve been calling for most of these changes, but now that I see them I’m thinking ohhhh shhhitttt.

If we win though, smiles all round.

1 Like

Smack to play the game of his life

10 goal win.

4 Likes

Having no recognised ruckman is a big loss.

Whilst 4 forced changes really sucks.

I’ve said for the past month that I expect us to lose this game given we have to travel. And now it’s compounded by the injuries and no ruckman. But I’m surprisingly optimistic about the inclusions.

• Huge having our skipper Heppell back who is most likely leading the Critchon medal
  • Ambrose is probably the most perfect matchup we have for Lynch who is a super important marking linkman for them.
  • Hartley has been in great form and seems like a nice matchup for Jenkins.
  • Snelling gets a chance to improve on Raz’s output which hasn’t been too much
  • McKernan night struggle in the tapouts but at least we know we should get some damaging clearances at times with him in there

I expect this structure:
Hartley - Jenkins
Hooker - Tex
Ambrose - Lynch

Brown, Francis & Stringer as our tall forwards. Possibly swapping Franga with Hooker if it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Sooooooo… do we believe Hartley back, Ambrose bench, and Francis forward?

We’re gonna have to deliver smarter minus Smack and LAV to clunk and crash.

Don’t we just rove to their ruckman?

1 Like

I hope McKernan does play the game of his life.

He’d be pretty pumped up to put on a big show in front of his former club who delisted him years ago.

5 Likes

Who’s Adelaide’s ruckman? Some Pelican

McKernan is relatively good when the ball hits the ground and carving a path for our mids from that point of view.

Ambrose could be an option in this type of role too, especially if he get Jenkins and could follow him into the ruck.

1 Like

I don’t watch VFL, but I’m not convinced Hartley could pinch hit in the ruck at AFL level.

Did giggle on the footage of the players flying out.

Heppell started to limp in front of the media - obviously messing with them. Didn’t pass this onto Zaka who was walking behind him and could clearly be seen mouthing something along the lines of “wtf is wrong?” until he realised Heppell was joking.

7 Likes

He’s 199cm and 100kg, that’s not a bad start, and leaping and punching is his specialty.

2 Likes

Dear EFC players. Hartley is not Hurley. When setting up for the kick down the line… you’d better set up 20m closer to our goal.

13 Likes

Besides Devon Smith (who hasn’t played for months) … that is pretty much a full strength midfield.

Win the midfield battle… Stringer/Brown/Tippa to have big nights… and you never know.

Would be a massive backs to the wall win though.

1 Like