#12 Mark Baguley

Did the job down back when Saad got cleaned up.

2 Likes

Yep, Bags the back pocket got written off on the basis of not being able to go with Sidebottom, who ran 2nd in the brownlow, after two crumbs after he’d actually nullified the first contest, in an 8 goal loss.

Not like Blitz to over react.
Plenty of those same people still call Sidebottom ■■■■.

8 Likes

2019, Bags stays and Bags plays.

5 Likes

Averaged over a goal and 3.8 tackles a game since he switched forward. Give him a ■■■■■■■ 1 year deal for ■■■■ sake

4 Likes

Watching the 2nd Port Adelaide game and Bags doing plenty of good stuff.
Our list is in good shape, plenty of depth, just need to get the chemistry right.”

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m no expert but if Bags is best 22 then someone is gonna miss. Could be a Laverde or Langford but it could also be anyone from McKenna, Parish, McGrath, Zaharakis, etc.

Laverde is made of tissue paper Bags is perfect backup

Best case scenario of having a full list he’ll struggle to be picked, just because others are that bit better. But if he maintains fitness and form then he’s excellent depth to call upon. You know he’ll give 120% effort. If he is mainiy VFL he’ll be an excellent teacher for the younger players. As Hocking has been.

Will be a respected player of the bombers when people look back and ask how did that Baguely bloke go?

3 Likes

Will be?

He already is in my eyes :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

None of those players are forwards

Neither was Bags 12 months ago.

Bags was not only a good defensive forward - he added that vital small forward element of being a really, really, annoying ■■■■■■■.
We’ve lacked that since Kommer, not to mention the Moorecroft, Bewick, Ezard years.
An essential part of great Essendon teams.

1 Like

Pretty reliable set shot for goal too which isn’t something that can be said about a lot of our guys

13 Likes

I reckon Raz is a pretty annoying little farker.
Smith too when he’s down there.
And although he’s not a small forward, Stringer is pretty annoying as well.
I reckon we have annoying covered.

But I reckon Bags would be second only to Smith for just manic pressure.
I certainly hope we can fit him on the list.

9 Likes

Raz talks annoying, occasionally physically annoying.
Smith isn’t often down there.
For the full small forward annoying role a player needs to dump opponents after they’ve disposed of the ball, do a bit of kamikaze flying into opponents bodies when going two up against the tall forward, and threaten to knock their blocks off if they retaliate or pick on other Essendon players.
All the while kicking scummy / lucky / unlikely goals.

Tippa is too nice, Raz is too skilful, and Stringer is big man annoying.

2 Likes

Manic pressure ? Walla is the King

1 Like

Bags is a gun. Tough as nails. Must stay.

5 Likes

1 Like

Brown paper bag = Carlton

Nailed it?

Or will we get down to brass tacks?