#12 Mark Baguley

If we’re still picking 3 small forwards i reckon he’s in.
If we pick one extra mid instead and rotate a few more through the forward line he misses out

1 Like

He is our junk yard dog warrior of the forward line…I love his desperation and intensity he performs with.

12 Likes

at the moment our small forwards are raz baguley and walla. unless we’re going a tall fwd line, we’re ■■■■■■.

I don’t normally disagree with you but I will on this one.

Apart from opinion generally based on age, everything points to him being best 22.

Unless people are putting Parish/McGrath in the VFL then it will be Bags that makes way IMO for an incoming Shiel & we will just have another rotating fwd/mid rather than a small fwd only.

Our strategy to maintain pressure through midfield longer than the opposition requires us to be able to rotate as many through there as possible.

Having 4 of our fwd 6 able to play solid minutes in midfield & others rest fwd is a big advantage.

2 Likes

BINGO!
Play more mids and have them floating through through the forward line.

As long as they do it with the mids that can actually play there instead of trying to pretend Parish is a half forward.

3 Likes

I know he’s good switching back to defence but i’d Like to see McGrath tried forward a bit.

Smith, Merrett, Zaka mainly.

They were doing so with McGrath towards end of this season

Any of Smith, Zerrett, Zaka, Parish, McGrath should be able to roll through that 6th fwd spot

I think most people with Bags in their 22 have him ahead of fringe players like Laverde/Guelfii/Redman/etc on the interchange, rather than more established kids like McGrath or Parish.

Not to say that having an extra forward/mid wouldn’t be a good idea, though.

1 Like

Agreed. I’d say most of those 22’s are not putting in a 7th defender off the bench as we generally structure up of which it will likely be Guelfi or Redman

1 Like

I assumed he was replacing Colyer.

2 Likes

I think the iceman likes a sausage roll too doesn’t he (and obviously fridge)

Guelfi and Redman are starters for me. Even if I have to play Mason as a forward I’m doing that just to get him into the side

4 Likes

We shall see come round 1, but I personally think Bags will take the field.

We shall see.

1 Like

I’m a big bags fan, esp giving his transformation forward last yr…but I’m coming around. If we can utilise another mid in a manic pressure way (not like Greene) then I’d be ok with him as depth. Guelfi and Begs have it in them and as much as I like Greene, I can now see his delisting as a potential positive.

RIP corgie and I hope Bags makes it difficult for to be replaced.

He’s been replaced by that small forward we’ve recruited.
Umm.

1 Like

There are various delisted plug and players (heh heh heh…swidt?) we should be able to pick up cheap, in salary, contract length and draft position.

Hartung (better than Colyer), Sheridan (better than Hartung), Menzel, Bugg…probably others.

I dunno…I’m not even convinced myself that we should bring one in.
What are our draft and rookie picks again?
I need a coffee.
Shut up.

3 Likes

3 Likes

LOL.
It’s just me, surely?