#12 Mark Baguley

I don’t care about his weight, his hair or his drinking.
I just care that he is a great example of the pieces of ■■■■ we have for ‘journalists’.

3 Likes

He’s such a dumb Kent, hearing him on 360 after watching Sportscenter is extraordinary.

1 Like

I think chop was his father’s nickname…too soon?

5 Likes

Is my bottle half full or half empty.

1 Like

I would think his 6 bottles are empty.

1 Like

Good one Robbo. Going off half cocked as usual you fvckstick.

I’m going to take a guess that he was given ■■■■ about having a “Dolmio Grin” and Bags has said something like “it’s your Mum’s and I ■■■■ her better than your Dad”

2 Likes

I had heard that Lamb is prone to Jumbuck and down about nothing …

Ewe are right on there!

FC leak this ■■■■ all the time. They did it with Carlisle when he called Murphys wife the AFL’s toboggan and everyone has had a turn.

■■■■ them. Sooks

9 Likes

Great, not a single criticism of Lamb for a disparaging comment about Bag’s physical appearance or for Bolton swearing at him. Carlton deflecting its own behaviour and no journo bothers to check the facts. EFC stand by your man, take it up with the AFL Integrity Unit.
One for media watch?

25 Likes

Actually wish Xavier would come out swinging about Lamb blaming Baguley and the media reporting. Eddie wouldn’t put up with it if it was a Collingwood player being villified. Time to stand up for the players.

15 Likes

That Age story has brought out Carlton scum from under their rocks.
Clearly they haven’t been spending their time on witty combacks or biting satire if this is the best they can do.

A season when we beat the Essenjabs is a good season! Go Baggers!!!

I think the irony of Go Baggers is lost on them

My blood boils when I see stories like this. This media mob are always downing EFC. I betcha they wont mention Baguley’s media statement.

1 Like

“My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious”.

1 Like

The Age have tacked baguley’s statement onto the end of their article - but kept the original headline and story. Scum.

3 Likes

An opinion piece from The Age, families off limits huh?

Did the Age have the same stance towards Hird’s family?

Baguley should pay Lamb’s fine
By Michael Gleeson15 May 2018 — 4:25pm
Mark Baguley wanted to be offensive. So he made up the most outrageous thing he could and he said it to Jed Lamb.
He sledged Lamb about his family. He was being low brow and offensive in a crass, schoolyard kind of way when he verbally targeted Lamb about his dad. He wanted to get a rise out of Lamb and unsettle him. He succeeded.

Baguley was many things on Saturday when he opened his mouth but we will limit it at this stage to ignorant.
He is not now.
Baguley knows now that Jed Lamb’s dad was murdered with an axe when the player was young.

Not even Lamb thought Baguley knew this when he decided to sledge him on Saturday, but Lamb told him repeatedly on the field his dad had died and to shut up. Baguley didn’t shut up.
Eventually Lamb reacted and fought with Baguley. A melee followed as other players tumbled in and in the wash-up Lamb was fined $1500 by the AFL for the fight. Baguley was not charged.
Whether Lamb’s dad was alive or dead it should not matter, but it does. Baguley should not have brought up his father or any member of another player’s family in any event. That he chose to do so, and use family members as verbal cannon fodder, the reality of Lamb’s tragic family background only elevated the comments from pathetic to outrageously offensive.
After the sledging of Marc Murphy last year by St Kilda players it might have been thought that AFL players would know not to talk about players’ families. AFL players often talk of living in a fishbowl, it was little appreciated that that is because some have the memories of goldfish.
Baguley chose to go there about another player’s family so what happened next should fall on him. It should not fall on Lamb. Baguley should reach into his pocket and offer to pay Lamb’s $1500 fine.
It should be the least of Baguley’s punishment but as ever with these things (think again Marc Murphy last year) the person being sledged would prefer the matter just go away so they can shield their family from the stupidity of what was said on the field. It makes the sledge a double cuss.
There is no doubt Baguley was sincerely horrified when it was pointed out to him by other players after the melee near the end of the third quarter what had happened to Lamb’s father. The Carlton player was not just trying to shut Baguley up when he told him his dad was dead.
Before that Baguley seemed to just think he had got a bite with his sledging. He should have known that banality rarely strikes such a nerve.

Also, just a reminder that it was FC who applied liberal amounts of mayo on the medical report that made Zerrett get suspended last year. Apparently, it had been a trend for the year in both AFL and VFL - Mayo for all!

16 Likes

Yes making him out as the instigator.

If we’d done the right thing and played him in the VFL (where he clearly belongs) when we should’ve, none of this would’ve happened.

3 Likes