#12 Mark Baguley

I certainly didn’t think he ever had that kind of game in him as a forward. Good on him

1 Like

Really good game.

I’m looking for any chance to replace Bags in the side so that we can use the spot to build for the future. Not if he keeps performing like that though. Winning is good for everyone, and his hardness, enthusiasm, and effort made a big difference to that forward line.

Really good game.

watched the game 3 times now (just to be sure it was real)

and I cannot tell what position he’s actually playing, is forward and back, as if he’s just been told to go out and rek kernts

1 Like

Great game bags. Stays in the FP now. Lav to provide the chop out in the centre that green would have.
Forward pressure was immense, just need a little bit more out of Tippa and there is no way that ball is coming out easily from the F50.

I thought he was cooked, and maybe as a defender he is. But he is showing a bit as a forward.

The guys always been hard as nails and manic at the footy. A good trait to have in the forward line these days.

2 Likes

Probably lacks the creativity or innate goal sense of green or tippa, but more likelihood of repeat sprints to make more contests. He’s been played fwd occasionally in the past. Plus he’s a pretty reasonable kick. I like it.

With OP Joe unable to chase thru injury now out, and bags also in, that’s two fwd pressure improvements. Plus fanta’s speed helps.

I wonder whose idea it was to try Bags forward?

Also it kind of makes sense that a defender goes OK in the forward line with the current trend of needing to be defensive in the forward line.

1 Like

Paul Puopolo has made a good career out of not being blessed with any great footballing talent - Rioli and Breust the star fwds, Puopolo just constantly plays his role which is to chase and tackle like a madman.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve been critical of him lately but if he brings that output each week, he still has a role to play. He wouldn’t have to drop off much to put that spot in jeopardy though IMO.

I love Bags. Was tickled pink to see him perform so well in a different role on Saturday. Hoping to see more of the same!

6 Likes

Play of the day goes to Bags.

Beating two opponents out on the flank and then as he’s going to ground taps the ball to a free Walla.

19 Likes

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. Will add that Geelong’s tall and slowish defence made it easier for the small and medium forwards.

That doesn’t sound like a compliment at all!?

It’s a factual post. Baguley’ best game for the year. One other good game and struggled in the rest.

He’s not alone though.

He cops it more than most other players when the side gets beaten so I think it’s only fair we celebrate it when he has a great game.

He’s a great clubman.

6 Likes

and drop his knees and lift his arm up to get the free

2 Likes

Remember when the other Woosha was moved forward as a defensive forward in 2008, he found some real form and even got out of @bugman5’s shytte list for a while. The other Woosha kicked a few snags in that time too.

2 Likes

Certainly slotted it from some unlikely places.

We should have recruited Rob Mills concurrently.

Serious man love

1 Like

Goat bet

35 Likes