#12 Mark Baguley

The run down from behind tackle in the last quarter that spilt the ball directly into the path of Stringer who soccered the goal through from less than a metre was none too shabby either. Bags was so spent he didn’t even see the goal scored. He was flat on his back from the effort, and stayed there until Jake went back and picked him up off the deck. That was my favourite piece of play from the entire game. All effort, all the time.

15 Likes

The one I described is actually from last weeks game.

Bags has play of the day two weeks running in my book. The one you have described was best this week.

If those types of acts can’t inspire your teammates, nothing will.

2 Likes

l did wonder a little why l couldn’t recall in dti menetail the play you mentioned, (chuckle).

1 Like

I heard @Black_Kavanagh wants it

1 Like

reborn

Watch out @Bomb_Doe!

And did it very well then but only for a few games. I remember thinking he was rough around the edges as a forward but really provided some spark and intensity. I think he really adds another dimension to the forward line with his aggression at ground level. It’s also underestimated how clean his hands are. Glad to see him extend his career.

Bags is playing the green role who was playing the Davey role.

Nah. I like you. Wouldn’t want to hurt you.

I’ll just steal it and outrun you then.

Actually, that plan is also flawed.

3 Likes

This guy has completely re-invented himself, Green might have trouble getting over the top of him now. Great game bags. Stick it up 'em all.

2 Likes

Reinvented himself in space of a few weeks.
If out of position, he can half a contest and bring the ball to ground. Tackles with aggression and the players around him lift with his intensity.

5 Likes

Over the last couple of preseason, there was reports that Baguley had been training with the forwards.

I’m confident the coaches had this move up their sleeve, incase we have a few small forwards go down… or they are moved to the midfield.

It makes sense to have a player who is so devoted to defensive actions, play a defensive role in the forwardline.

Occasionally he trained forward. What he does do at the end of every session (that I’ve seen) is have a crapload of set shots on goal. Takes it seriously.

That practice wasn’t relevant to this game, but I bet the rest of the team won’t be able to shut him up this week!

5 Likes

Stringer said as much post match

2 Likes

I like that Stringer gets around the boys.

He’s slotted in well.

7 Likes

Love Jakey

2 Likes

Yep, and Hartley tends to do the same.

Bark Maguley. His season has turned around something crazy. Reflected in the team as a whole.

1 Like

Sometimes, when you stare deeply into the team, it stares back out at you.

1 Like